Modem disconnection - user switch

Every time I switch users, my dial-up connection is disconnected. How can I
stop this occurring to save dial-up connection each tim I switch between
users?

Keep a Dial-Up Connection Open for All Users
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/learnmore/tips/theriot1.mspx

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Gwilya" <Gwilya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I switch users, my dial-up connection is disconnected. How can
> stop this occurring to save dial-up connection each tim I switch between
> users?

Don't switch users. Create one profile that everyone can use.

kangaroo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Download and install TweakUI from:

Click on the "Logon" header and check "Keep RAS connection ...".

Then, when you fast-user-switch, the new user should see a running Internet
connection.

You may have to set up a new Internet connection by running the New
Connection Wizard, merely so that it places the icon on All Users desktops.

HTH :)

"Gwilya" <e-address suppressed> wrote in