lost photos in transfer from file to cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

I had just uploaded photos from my 2 cameras to a folder & immediately tried
to then transfer folder to cd but got a pop up box saying it couldn't then
when I went to my folder all my photos were gone. Where did they go & how do
I get them back? Stupid me erased them from the camera after I uploaded so
please tell me I did'nt lose them & that they r on my hard drive somewhere!

Hi,

To try and retrieve your deleted files, you would want to use an undelete
utility. These are commonly available for free, and work on the premise that
the space the file formerly occupied has not been overwritten with new data
yet. Once that has occured, recovery requires more extensive (and expensive)
work with dedicated forensic tools by someone who knows what they are doing.

This one here works quite well for basic file recovery:
http://www.all-freeware.com/gu4.htm

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/