CD Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 en_us

June 18, 2005 8:39:37 PM

Where can I find a Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 en_us on cd?
I ordered this cd (Microsoft cdorder via internet) a long time ago and I
never received the cd by mail.
Tia for info!
Yves
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 8:39:38 PM

"Yves" <Yves7Y@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Where can I find a Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 en_us on cd?
> I ordered this cd (Microsoft cdorder via internet) a long time ago and I
> never received the cd by mail.
> Tia for info!
> Yves

Shouldn't you ask MS?

It's been on the coverdisk of many computer magazines in the UK, perhaps you
could try there? You can order back issues of most magazines if needed.
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 8:39:38 PM

Has it been more than 6 weeks?

If you have broadband or DSL internet access, you can download the Service Pack 2 file and then burn it to CD.
Link to MS page is here http://tinyurl.com/5bobl

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

Yves wrote:
> Where can I find a Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 en_us on cd?
> I ordered this cd (Microsoft cdorder via internet) a long time ago
> and I never received the cd by mail.
> Tia for info!
> Yves
June 18, 2005 9:56:31 PM

I ordered the CD more than 6 weeks ago. I have DSL internet access but no
CD-writer.
I tried to sfc /scannow but I received a warning that I had to use xp sp2 cd
and I have only xp pro.
Thanks anyway for info!
Yves

"Maurice N ~ MVP" <maurice@mvps.org> wrote in message
Has it been more than 6 weeks?

If you have broadband or DSL internet access, you can download the Service
Pack 2 file and then burn it to CD.
Link to MS page is here http://tinyurl.com/5bobl

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User
-----
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 9:56:32 PM

If you have plenty of HD space ( 266MB to store the full Service Pack 2 file, plus, 1 GB FREE space on your Windows volume (on hard drive) for the service pack update process, given you have DSL service, get the full network file using my prior link.

Highly advise that you review and follow the pre-installation suggestions, such as disabling Antivirus & all user startups and screensavers.

See this page at Aumha.org
WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2 FAQs & BEST PRACTICES

http://aumha.org/win5/a/sp2faq.htm
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

Yves wrote:
> I ordered the CD more than 6 weeks ago. I have DSL internet access
> but no CD-writer.
> I tried to sfc /scannow but I received a warning that I had to use xp
> sp2 cd and I have only xp pro.
> Thanks anyway for info!
> Yves
>
> "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote
> Has it been more than 6 weeks?
>
> If you have broadband or DSL internet access, you can download the
> Service Pack 2 file and then burn it to CD.
> Link to MS page is here http://tinyurl.com/5bobl
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 2:43:11 PM

OK Alan Smith & Maurice N thanks for advice.
Yves
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 2:43:12 PM

Yves,