Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to cl..

Hi,

After install and old version of my palm sowtware in my pc with WinXp SP2, I
can not open the windows explorer. Once I try to open it, I get a window
message telling me "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to
close." Also,this window has a "Send Error Report message" button. Now, to
solve this problem I am trying to repair or reinstall windows. I was trying
to solve this problem reinstalling Win XP using my software CD, but it says
that I have an newer version of Win XP. I installed SP2 by Windows Update
long time ago.. My questions are:

How can I repair this Windows Explorer problem?
Does reinstalling WIN XP SP2 solve the problem?
Can I download Win XP SP2 and just reinstall it?

Could you please help me?

Thank you
3 answers Last reply
More about windows explorer encountered problem

    "Miguel" <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > After install and old version of my palm sowtware in my pc with WinXp SP2,
    > can not open the windows explorer. Once I try to open it, I get a window
    > message telling me "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs
    > close." Also,this window has a "Send Error Report message" button. Now,
    > solve this problem I am trying to repair or reinstall windows. I was
    > trying
    > to solve this problem reinstalling Win XP using my software CD, but it
    > says
    > that I have an newer version of Win XP. I installed SP2 by Windows Update
    > long time ago.. My questions are:
    >
    > How can I repair this Windows Explorer problem?
    > Does reinstalling WIN XP SP2 solve the problem?
    > Can I download Win XP SP2 and just reinstall it?
    >
    > Could you please help me?
    >
    > Thank you

    Try choosing a restore point before the problem occured.

    How can reinstall win xp? I can not do it with the cd

    "Alan Smith" wrote:

    > "Miguel" <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > After install and old version of my palm sowtware in my pc with WinXp SP2,
    > > can not open the windows explorer. Once I try to open it, I get a window
    > > message telling me "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs
    > > close." Also,this window has a "Send Error Report message" button. Now,
    > > solve this problem I am trying to repair or reinstall windows. I was
    > > trying
    > > to solve this problem reinstalling Win XP using my software CD, but it
    > > says
    > > that I have an newer version of Win XP. I installed SP2 by Windows Update
    > > long time ago.. My questions are:
    > >
    > > How can I repair this Windows Explorer problem?
    > > Does reinstalling WIN XP SP2 solve the problem?
    > > Can I download Win XP SP2 and just reinstall it?
    > >
    > > Could you please help me?
    > >
    > > Thank you
    >
    > Try choosing a restore point before the problem occured.

    Post reordered to follow the flow of coversation, not to junp up and down.

    > "Alan Smith" wrote:
    >

    >> "Miguel" <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > After install and old version of my palm sowtware in my pc with WinXp
    >> > SP2,
    >> > can not open the windows explorer. Once I try to open it, I get a
    >> > window
    >> > message telling me "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and
    >> > needs
    >> > close." Also,this window has a "Send Error Report message" button.
    >> > Now,
    >> > solve this problem I am trying to repair or reinstall windows. I was
    >> > trying
    >> > to solve this problem reinstalling Win XP using my software CD, but it
    >> > says
    >> > that I have an newer version of Win XP. I installed SP2 by Windows
    >> > Update
    >> > long time ago.. My questions are:
    >> >
    >> > How can I repair this Windows Explorer problem?
    >> > Does reinstalling WIN XP SP2 solve the problem?
    >> > Can I download Win XP SP2 and just reinstall it?
    >> >
    >> > Could you please help me?
    >> >
    >> > Thank you
    >>
    >> Try choosing a restore point before the problem occured.

    Miguel" <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:A50B7CAF-42F9-48EF-BC0E-7C8DC94C36C6@microsoft.com...> How can
    reinstall win xp? I can not do it with the cd

    Why can't you do it with the CD?

    And why can't you use a restore point after that install but before the Palm
    software was installed?

Windows Explorer Windows XP