Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to cl..

June 18, 2005 12:30:03 PM

Hi,

After install and old version of my palm sowtware in my pc with WinXp SP2, I
can not open the windows explorer. Once I try to open it, I get a window
message telling me "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to
close." Also,this window has a "Send Error Report message" button. Now, to
solve this problem I am trying to repair or reinstall windows. I was trying
to solve this problem reinstalling Win XP using my software CD, but it says
that I have an newer version of Win XP. I installed SP2 by Windows Update
long time ago.. My questions are:

How can I repair this Windows Explorer problem?
Does reinstalling WIN XP SP2 solve the problem?
Can I download Win XP SP2 and just reinstall it?

Could you please help me?

Thank you
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 8:43:19 PM

"Miguel" <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> After install and old version of my palm sowtware in my pc with WinXp SP2,
> can not open the windows explorer. Once I try to open it, I get a window
> message telling me "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs
> close." Also,this window has a "Send Error Report message" button. Now,
> solve this problem I am trying to repair or reinstall windows. I was
> trying
> to solve this problem reinstalling Win XP using my software CD, but it
> says
> that I have an newer version of Win XP. I installed SP2 by Windows Update
> long time ago.. My questions are:
>
> How can I repair this Windows Explorer problem?
> Does reinstalling WIN XP SP2 solve the problem?
> Can I download Win XP SP2 and just reinstall it?
>
> Could you please help me?
>
> Thank you

Try choosing a restore point before the problem occured.
June 18, 2005 8:43:20 PM

How can reinstall win xp? I can not do it with the cd

"Alan Smith" wrote:

> "Miguel" <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > After install and old version of my palm sowtware in my pc with WinXp SP2,
> > can not open the windows explorer. Once I try to open it, I get a window
> > message telling me "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs
> > close." Also,this window has a "Send Error Report message" button. Now,
> > solve this problem I am trying to repair or reinstall windows. I was
> > trying
> > to solve this problem reinstalling Win XP using my software CD, but it
> > says
> > that I have an newer version of Win XP. I installed SP2 by Windows Update
> > long time ago.. My questions are:
> >
> > How can I repair this Windows Explorer problem?
> > Does reinstalling WIN XP SP2 solve the problem?
> > Can I download Win XP SP2 and just reinstall it?
> >
> > Could you please help me?
> >
> > Thank you
>
> Try choosing a restore point before the problem occured.

Anonymous
June 19, 2005 3:14:46 AM

Post reordered to follow the flow of coversation, not to junp up and down.

> "Alan Smith" wrote:
>

>> "Miguel" <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > After install and old version of my palm sowtware in my pc with WinXp
>> > SP2,
>> > can not open the windows explorer. Once I try to open it, I get a
>> > window
>> > message telling me "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and
>> > needs
>> > close." Also,this window has a "Send Error Report message" button.
>> > Now,
>> > solve this problem I am trying to repair or reinstall windows. I was
>> > trying
>> > to solve this problem reinstalling Win XP using my software CD, but it
>> > says
>> > that I have an newer version of Win XP. I installed SP2 by Windows
>> > Update
>> > long time ago.. My questions are:
>> >
>> > How can I repair this Windows Explorer problem?
>> > Does reinstalling WIN XP SP2 solve the problem?
>> > Can I download Win XP SP2 and just reinstall it?
>> >
>> > Could you please help me?
>> >
>> > Thank you
>>
>> Try choosing a restore point before the problem occured.

Miguel" <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A50B7CAF-42F9-48EF-BC0E-7C8DC94C36C6@microsoft.com...> How can
reinstall win xp? I can not do it with the cd

Why can't you do it with the CD?

And why can't you use a restore point after that install but before the Palm
software was installed?
!