Mute button and master volume not working

June 18, 2005 2:49:02 PM

When I push the mute button on the keyboard it does not turn off the volume
but it does do the red no sound line. I also can't turn the volume up or
down from keyboard. When I go to sound control and manually adjust by
clicking mute and dragging my volume up and dopwn on master control that does
not work either. Theu opnly way I can adjust sound or mute is to manually
scroll the wave sound or mute wave sound with my mouse. Please help-master
control sound does not have any master control and neither does the keyboard
express volume/mute feature. Thanks!
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 4:25:48 PM

Any chance this is an HP laptop?

If so, I seem to recall other users being told to visit HP's web site and
download/install any Windows XP drivers applicable to your specific
notebook model.

--
Michael

"DJ" <DJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I push the mute button on the keyboard it does not turn off the
> volume
> but it does do the red no sound line. I also can't turn the volume up or
> down from keyboard. When I go to sound control and manually adjust by
> clicking mute and dragging my volume up and down on master control that
> does
> not work either. The only way I can adjust sound or mute is to manually
> scroll the wave sound or mute wave sound with my mouse. Please
> help-master
> control sound does not have any master control and neither does the
> keyboard
> express volume/mute feature. Thanks!
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 12:09:03 AM

I am having a similar problem and am runnig an HP Digital Entertainment
Center Z540 with the Windows XP Media Edition operating system. I've tried
creating a new user, installing all the updates from both Microsoft and HP to
nonavail. Personally, I've had this problem from day one!

Any suggestions?

!