User Name changed on Administrator account now can't acces..

June 18, 2005 4:17:01 PM

I changed the user name on the administrator account and now all of my email
and all other docs and data are gone. I can't seem to figure out how to fix.
Any help would be appreciated.
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 8:05:02 PM

I did the same thing so I also would like the answer to your question, XP
user. The files have not been deleted but the Administrator login is no
longer available.

"XP user" wrote:

> I changed the user name on the administrator account and now all of my email
> and all other docs and data are gone. I can't seem to figure out how to fix.
> Any help would be appreciated.
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 2:52:13 AM

"naythor" <naythor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I did the same thing so I also would like the answer to your question, XP
> user. The files have not been deleted but the Administrator login is no
> longer available.
>
> "XP user" wrote:
>
>> I changed the user name on the administrator account and now all of my
>> email
>> and all other docs and data are gone. I can't seem to figure out how to
>> fix.
>> Any help would be appreciated.

Most reputable and knowledgable computer repair shops can reset the NT/2K/XP
administrator password to a blank one. And most do (or should) require
picture ID to be recorded along with the unit serial number onto the receipt
for services performed, just in case the unit is stolen instead of the
password having been "forgotten". There are a few computers (IBM in
particular, but more are starting to do it too) that use a HDD password in
addition to the NT/2K/XP password system, and that system uses a ROM chip
that must be replaced by (only) the manufacture if the password is, uh,
forgotten.