Can't R-click on desktop or make new folders.

When I R-click on the desktop, it blanks out, then reloads the wallpaper,
shortcuts and taskbar. when that started, I noticed I couldn't create new
folders elsewhere either. In fact, just clicking on 'file' in and explorer
window closes it and clycles the desktop again. What causes this?
--
:)

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers

Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:4767577A-486F-439D-81D2-23CA3A758B0E@microsoft.com,
BillyBob <BillyBob@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> When I R-click on the desktop, it blanks out, then reloads the wallpaper,
> shortcuts and taskbar. when that started, I noticed I couldn't create new
> folders elsewhere either. In fact, just clicking on 'file' in and explorer
> window closes it and clycles the desktop again. What causes this?
> --
> :)

Thanks for the quick reply ! :)
My precious video card messed it up with its 'Desktop context class".
--
:)

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
>
> Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:4767577A-486F-439D-81D2-23CA3A758B0E@microsoft.com,
> BillyBob <BillyBob@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > When I R-click on the desktop, it blanks out, then reloads the wallpaper,
> > shortcuts and taskbar. when that started, I noticed I couldn't create new
> > folders elsewhere either. In fact, just clicking on 'file' in and explorer
> > window closes it and clycles the desktop again. What causes this?
> > --
> > :)

NVidia??

Keep having fun. :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:5035572F-7A57-4441-B2BB-EBDE2BB25B7D@microsoft.com,
BillyBob <BillyBob@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Thanks for the quick reply ! :)
> My precious video card messed it up with its 'Desktop context class".
> --
> :)
>

> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
>>
>> Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:4767577A-486F-439D-81D2-23CA3A758B0E@microsoft.com,
>> BillyBob <BillyBob@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> When I R-click on the desktop, it blanks out, then reloads the
>>> wallpaper, shortcuts and taskbar. when that started, I noticed I
>>> couldn't create new folders elsewhere either. In fact, just clicking on
>>> 'file' in and explorer window closes it and clycles the desktop again.
>>> What causes this? --
>>> :)

TRENDING THREADS