common OE inbox for multiple xp users - how??

wigwam

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2003
Hi

i thought should be easy but i cant get it to behave for some reason. my wife and i share a common POP3 email account; we have diff user profiles on XP.
what i would like to do is setup OE so that when either of us synchronises mail from our login, the other would be able to view it when they load OE from their login.
I have changed the default mail storage location to a common file, but despite this she can only see email she has synchronised and same with me; this would not be too much of a disaster if it wasnt for the fact that once of us synchronises, the other cannot receive that mail as well [despite also setting up the option of having the email stored on the ISP server for a few days]. We both use the "main identitity". I have noticed though that there is also a file each in the mail storage file with our respective user-names and i assume this is storing some info to keep the user profiles separate.

i can have it so that we can both see the email if one uses OE and the other outlook, but having used outlook for a few days now i have decided i want to go back to OE [it is good but i need simple things like auto-saving ppl i reply to in my contacts and outlook doesnt do this!]

i would be grateful for all assistance on this matter.

<b>my cpu runs so hot I dont need central heating in my house!</b>

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
could you explain in less and more simple words what exactly you want to do, you saying same thing in different words and different things in the same words. What you want to view - same account from different logins, or different accounts from the same login, or .... :???

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

wigwam

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2003
i want us to be able to see the same OE inbox from different logins

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
"Store Folder" in the saem location ("D:\OurMail") for all login accounts, and have OE to have all accounts you want to see as well.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

wigwam

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2003
as i said in my 1st post - i have already done this but still is doesnt seem to work