Eliminate Confirm Folder Replace prompt.

How do I eliminate the" Confirm Folder Replace " prompt, when I update
folders. Seems its always stalling from these pesky prompts. When I update a
folder (drag and drop) I don't want questions. My reply is always "yes to all"
--
xyzab

Don't drag. Open start/run, type cmd

From the prompt type XCOPY /? to see the syntax of the command. ( /o to overwrite without a prompt)

(One easy way to type a path on the cmd command line is to drop the files on the cursor)

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Husky" <Husky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5063016D-85A6-495F-BBC1-43E56BC5C50F@microsoft.com...
> How do I eliminate the" Confirm Folder Replace " prompt, when I update
> folders. Seems its always stalling from these pesky prompts. When I update a
> folder (drag and drop) I don't want questions. My reply is always "yes to all"
> --
> xyzab

Don't drag? that takes the fun out of it . I remember the barbaric days of
DOS, but I still want to drag and drop. Although its an intresting
alternative, I'll keep it in mind, rather than using 98.

What I would like to know is how to disable this prompt. I'm sure theres a
registry value that could be changed, that would prevent the prompt from
stopping the update. Or automatically insert Yes To All every time it comes
up.

But not using drag and drop does not answer how to keep the prompt from
stopping the update. Thanks for the reply.
--
xyzab

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Don't drag. Open start/run, type cmd
>
> From the prompt type XCOPY /? to see the syntax of the command. ( /o to overwrite without a prompt)
>
> (One easy way to type a path on the cmd command line is to drop the files on the cursor)
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "Husky" <Husky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5063016D-85A6-495F-BBC1-43E56BC5C50F@microsoft.com...
> > How do I eliminate the" Confirm Folder Replace " prompt, when I update
> > folders. Seems its always stalling from these pesky prompts. When I update a
> > folder (drag and drop) I don't want questions. My reply is always "yes to all"
> > --
> > xyzab

You could create a script that the files can be dropped on, that executes the 'copyhere' command for you.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/reference/objects/folder/copyhere.asp?frame=true

drop.vbs--
set args = wscript.Arguments
set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
set objFolder = objShell.NameSpace("C:\")
if not objFolder is nothing then
for each item in args
wscript.echo item
objFolder.CopyHere item, 16