Dual-Channel RAM causes BSOD?

Mike

Splendid

A couple weeks ago I built a computer with the Asus A8n-E (nForce 4
Ultra based) motherboard, an Athlon 64 3200+, and 2x512 sticks of OCZ
DDR400 Value Series RAM, set up for Dual-Channel. I installed Windows
without problems, but after a few days I got a blue screen error (I
think it was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, or something similar). After this I
could not longer boot into Windows, and I tried to reinstall. I got an
error that "Setup was unable to copy <filename>", and this gave
different files each time I tried to install. Eventually I got a tip
online that it might work if I removed one stick of RAM.
It worked, but now I'm left with 512 megs installed and 512 megs sitting
on a shelf. Can anybody give me any advice on how to fix this, or at
least why it happens?
Just to preempt one of the things that is sure to come, I have already
run memtest86 with no errors.

Thanks in advance.

Do you get a blue screen if you use just the other stick?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone