Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Router Issue

Hi All

I'm using a Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Router at home for internet access on
my laptop. The laptop is a Dell Latitude D600 which is using a Dell
TrueMobile Dual Band 1400 to connect to the router.

It's been working fine for weeks. However, my neighbour has just gone
wireless too and now I seem to lose my connection every 3 or 4 minutes.
What happens is that the network icon in the system tray tells me that one
or more networks is available. I then have to go in select my network and
continute until the next time it happens. When I select my network I can
see both my network (linksys) and the neighbours (neighbours address).

What I would like to know is - is there any way I can lock down the NIC in
my laptop to access only my router and nothing else? I am only assuming
that the neighbour's router is the problem by the way. If this is a problem
could be unrelated please also advise.

Thanks in advance
Jon
1 answer Last reply
More about linksys wrt54g wireless router issue

    Change your channel, change your SSID...check out the following whitepaper
    (it was written for a 802.11b router but the same holds true for "G")

    http://www.whitehats.ca/main/members/Cerberus/secure_linksys_wap/securing_your_linksys_wireless_access_point.pdf

    "Jonny Yen" <thomas.magnum-mytrousers@mytrousers-btopenworld.com> wrote in
    message news:1082623642.80365.0@demeter.uk.clara.net...
    > Hi All
    >
    > I'm using a Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Router at home for internet access
    on
    > my laptop. The laptop is a Dell Latitude D600 which is using a Dell
    > TrueMobile Dual Band 1400 to connect to the router.
    >
    > It's been working fine for weeks. However, my neighbour has just gone
    > wireless too and now I seem to lose my connection every 3 or 4 minutes.
    > What happens is that the network icon in the system tray tells me that one
    > or more networks is available. I then have to go in select my network and
    > continute until the next time it happens. When I select my network I can
    > see both my network (linksys) and the neighbours (neighbours address).
    >
    > What I would like to know is - is there any way I can lock down the NIC in
    > my laptop to access only my router and nothing else? I am only assuming
    > that the neighbour's router is the problem by the way. If this is a
    problem
    > could be unrelated please also advise.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Jon

Wireless Routers Linksys Wireless Networking