Sega Hang On

Hi !

I just got a Sega Hang On in a pretty good shape.
However, the black plastic piece around the screen is a little burned
because of cigarettes.

Does one know where to buy a new one, or at least how to "solve" the
problem.
Thanks,

Fred.

Fred,

Welcome to the "I own a hang on with a burned bezel club" !!

I am the only other member I know of so far, but I am CERTAIN there
are others :) Smoking and playing hang on just seems to have been the
right thing to do.

I have been too busy with other projects to get into looking for a
replacement yet. But I am sure someone here feels our pain and will
chime in with a general solution.

Anyone?

- Matt

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

Matty-t,

I am not a member of the "Hang On" club, but I am a member of the
"Enduro Racer" club with the burnt bezel. Same line of game and a
major pain to try to fix. I bought a less burnt bezel, and I think I
can fix this. I am going to try using bondo to fix the burns. I will
coat everything and then use rubberized undercoating with satin paint
to recover the texture. I will let you know how it works out after I
have tried it. If it doesn't work, I'm only out about $20.

Jon

Matty-t wrote:
> Fred,
>
> Welcome to the "I own a hang on with a burned bezel club" !!
>
> I am the only other member I know of so far, but I am CERTAIN there
> are others :) Smoking and playing hang on just seems to have been the
> right thing to do.
>
> I have been too busy with other projects to get into looking for a
> replacement yet. But I am sure someone here feels our pain and will
> chime in with a general solution.
>
> Anyone?
>
> - Matt

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm a member of the Space Harrier club with some burn marks on the bezel,
finding these without cracks of burns is hard. I actually consider myself
lucky to have a bezel at all as when I got the machine this was missing from
it along with a load of other bits, I got lucky and found someone willing to
sell me one. Unfortunately the chances of finding an NOS one are highly
unlikely and if you do it will probably be expensive. I'm not actually sure
of the best way to deal with burns on these, the only way I can think of is
to very carefully rub them down and then try and fill them in and repaint
really carefully. I'm interested to see the results if anyone attempts this
as I am in 2 minds at to whether to have a go or leave it be.

Regards

Nick

"Elesias" <Elesias_Vifargent(nospam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi !
>
> I just got a Sega Hang On in a pretty good shape.
> However, the black plastic piece around the screen is a little burned
> because of cigarettes.
>
> Does one know where to buy a new one, or at least how to "solve" the
> problem.
> Thanks,
>
> Fred.

Fellow "burnt bezel club" members, it's a relief to know I'm not alone out
there ;-)

By the way, if Jon succeeds in fixing it, it would be quite a good news,
'cause I don't really know where to buy a replacement.

Cheers !

Fred