Hi im new and I need some help with my new 6800

SilentdeathX

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2005
Hi Im new here and Ive been wondering where to get some help... We'll why not get it somewhere where ppl really know about hardware!!! LOL Anyway... I just got my new eVGA 6800 (AGP version) and everything has been great upo until resently... You see, I have had a nasty 10-20 fps decrease in my video cards performance in all my games. Before it was running GREAT and I was truly happy with my buy. But know Im getting kind of aggitated. Ive checked to see if it was my molex connector not being plugged in right and it was'nt that. Ive checked to see if it was my drivers, and it wasnt that. And now I have no clue what to do? The last thing I know for sure I know that I did to my graphics card was I downloaded the 77.72 driver, but it wasnt until my second boot with it that I noticed a change in performance. But Ive already gone back a driver to see if it was the new driver, vut no difference. So does anyone have any suggestions? :) They would really be appreciated.

!!!Silent But Deadly!!!

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Could it be tbe new drivers have altered the quality settings, so Image quality has improved at the expense of performance?

Either something like that, or a background application is consuming resources. Try checking for spyware/adware/virus problems, and make sure you're not running any unneccessary programs/tray icons (I hate seeing a PC with 10 or more tray icons... waste of memory)

---
<font color=red>"Life is <i>not</i> like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapeńos - what you do today might burn your a<b></b>ss tommorrow."

chikit

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2005
Are you sure that it is new? If its out of the box and sealed thats fine. But other than that it could have been used, and overclocked or something and burnt. So... if not brand spanking new maybe u shud check for artifacts?

SilentdeathX

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2005
Yep! Its right out of the box... Could it be its defective??? Maybe I should return it cuz Ive only had it for like a week or so...

!!!Silent But Deadly!!!