2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
4+ while web browsing or as much as possibe
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
guild wars 2, counterstrike global offense, dota 2, borderlands 2, all on medium to high
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
programming/engineering stuff when i go to college
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
750gb preferably 7200 rpm
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
dvd is fine but preferably bluray
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
prefer mainstream brands
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I prefer a laptop with at least a nvidia 650m but if the laptop is 640m and is really worth it ill take it
I also would like to have the dual band wifi and bluetooth
for the games you've mentioned, there is no need for 1200$. You can just take the Y580 with gtx 660M, 1080p screen (good one), I7-3630QM, 8GB ddr3, backlit keyboard and blu-ray player for 950$: http://tinyurl.com/lenovoY580PU
because it is the most cost effective gaming laptop under 1000$-1100$ the includes all these features and because you don't need more than that. I think all the games will run on highest settings and maybe GW2 on almost highest settings.