Coolest thing you've found in a cabinet....

For me is was one of those bus/train station locker keys.. it's KILLIN
me to think of what may be in it that they hid the key.. LOL..

- Matt

Hmmm......Mine would have to be the very first cabinet I bought. A guy
had a Black Tiger conversion in his Flea Market for a could of years
that another guy let him just have it. He was never given a key to the
back of it and never took the time to try. So I bought it from him for
$150 and when I got it home, looked around inside the coin door and
found a key hidden in the dust. Of course it was the key to the back.
When I opened it up, I found out that the cabinet was originally a
Galaxy Ranger. And what did I find in the back?? The Laser Disc
player and the Laser Disc for Galaxy Ranger.

Mike
--
http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

Yeah, you did the right thing.. Mark is just a vendor.. he can't help
himself.. you know how they get ;)

Killer story.. I would have expected 10 percent finders fee myself.
That seems to be the going rate for finders fees, etc. But at least you
kept your integrity. More then most people I see everyday can say for
themselves.

- Matt

Found Qix Boards still attached to the back. They look clean but
haven't tested them yet. Also found a piece of paper crumbled up that
was for a Arcade on back taxes. Guess he got mad and threw it in the
back of the game.

This is more of a rebuttle of my opinion not an argument.

But feeling good about ones self happens to be something that wakes a
lot of people up in the morning. Ones sense of dignity, duty, and self
conciousness could be the only thing that keeps you straight when your
down on your luck and yourself.

Sure, honesty has not always come with the best rewards. Neither has
dishonesty. You take a chance either way every time. Dishonesty may
come with the greater rewards, but greater consequences as well. it's
all a balance system in life. You chose your own path and hope to come
out on top in the end. Or at least break even.

I myself appreciate the challenge of getting ahead in these times on
the honesty policy. It is truely a greater challange and I like a
challenge. If I can sit back at the end of the day, happy, healthy, and
not in need of any of these things at the expense of others problems?
Well, thats a feeling I wouldn't pass on for anything; any day.

It just proves too much to me. I just sit back and look at all the
shady people around me that have to screw people left n right to get
ahead and think to myself "I have more heart then you, I have more
drive then you, I have more brains then you, and I definatly have
bigger testicles then you."

The policy definatly works for me. But to each thier own.

Besides.. nothing was mentioned about this guys financial situation.
Maybe his old man didn't have a really good insurance policy and the
burial/funeral expenses were a lot to handle? maybe he left behing a
good bit of taxes? Old people hiding they're cash in books, etc is a
clear sign of a leftover psycological issue caused by the great
depression and is not uncommon. I definatly wouldn't blame anyone for
not trusting banks, etc after surviving something like that. perhaps
the old mans debt to cash ratio was bearing problems onto the family?
That money may have really helped. Let's not forget leftover midical
expenses, nurseing home, etc.

- Matt

mark

I found Jimmy Hoffa in the back of one of my games.
"Matty-t" <matthews@audio-doctors.com> wrote in message

> For me is was one of those bus/train station locker keys.. it's KILLIN
> me to think of what may be in it that they hid the key.. LOL..
>
> - Matt

Just to let you know first hand, i'm not trying to start a fight
myself. Just reading your way of looking at it and just telling mine.

I don't see how being Honest is harder to do then being dishonest?
It's not like you're a Jedi being tempted to go to the Dark Side. I
have my days when I give stuff to GoodWill, donate money to the
homeless, and donate canned goods to the food drives. But when I find
money or something laying on the ground or something to that affect, I
figure it is just my good fortune that I found it.

When I bought that one game and found that laser disc player and that
Galaxy Ranger Disc inside, would it have been the honest thing to do by
contacting that guy all the way in California(I live in Michigan) and
say that i found these things that are worth more then what i paid you
for the game, would you like to have them? Hell no, I bought it and
what was in it was mine.

The way it sounds, the guy that he bought the game from was/is a
friend of his, so i can understand him telling the guy about the money,
but the kick in the face he got for not only giving the guy the money
from inside his game but helping him get the money from the other games
and only getting his money back for the game bought from him and
getting to keep the game is BS. And how pissed he seemed telling the
story, its kinda clear that the guy had no money problems and was just
being a cheap ass greedy bitch.

I sleep at night just fine myself, and you can't really compare
people screwing other people over by deceiving them by not describing
the whole item when selling it, to finding something worth a lot in an
item you bought and not telling the seller.

If you bought something off Ebay and when you got it, you found
something worth a lot of money hidden in it. Would you contact the
seller and send it to them?

Mike
--
http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

Don't get me wrong. Chances are if I was in the same position I would
have told him about it too. But if all he offered me was my money back
and I could keep the game, I would have told him that I was going to
keep at least half the money I found in the machine I bought. I don't
care if I was doing good money wise or not. You can do a lot with
$1500. I just don't see anything dishonest about it. You bought
something, got it home, found some money in YOUR property, its yours.
I just think that the people that find anything wrong with keeping the
money, are the same people that would go back to the store to let them
know that they were under charged for something they bought. Now is
that being honest or just stupid?

Mike
--
http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

Honest in thier eyes, stupid in yours.

The glass is half full, the glass is half empty

Thats why we should move on from this and entertain more cool stories.
Continuing this will only lead to the usual RGVAC debates full of
opinions that will lead to the usual =(

- Matt

mark

Oh yea.Just tell that to your landlord at rent time.:)))))
> This is more of a rebuttle of my opinion not an argument.
>
> But feeling good about ones self happens to be something that wakes a
> lot of people up in the morning. Ones sense of dignity, duty, and self
> conciousness could be the only thing that keeps you straight when your
> down on your luck and yourself.
>
> Sure, honesty has not always come with the best rewards. Neither has
> dishonesty. You take a chance either way every time. Dishonesty may
> come with the greater rewards, but greater consequences as well. it's
> all a balance system in life. You chose your own path and hope to come
> out on top in the end. Or at least break even.
>
> I myself appreciate the challenge of getting ahead in these times on
> the honesty policy. It is truely a greater challange and I like a
> challenge. If I can sit back at the end of the day, happy, healthy, and
> not in need of any of these things at the expense of others problems?
> Well, thats a feeling I wouldn't pass on for anything; any day.
>
> It just proves too much to me. I just sit back and look at all the
> shady people around me that have to screw people left n right to get
> ahead and think to myself "I have more heart then you, I have more
> drive then you, I have more brains then you, and I definatly have
> bigger testicles then you."
>
> The policy definatly works for me. But to each thier own.
>
> Besides.. nothing was mentioned about this guys financial situation.
> Maybe his old man didn't have a really good insurance policy and the
> burial/funeral expenses were a lot to handle? maybe he left behing a
> good bit of taxes? Old people hiding they're cash in books, etc is a
> clear sign of a leftover psycological issue caused by the great
> depression and is not uncommon. I definatly wouldn't blame anyone for
> not trusting banks, etc after surviving something like that. perhaps
> the old mans debt to cash ratio was bearing problems onto the family?
> That money may have really helped. Let's not forget leftover midical
> expenses, nurseing home, etc.
>
> - Matt

$76 in quarters.

--
IA

www.InstantArcade.com
Home of WinROMIdent

mark

The glass is half empty because someone stole the other half.:)
> Honest in thier eyes, stupid in yours.
>
> The glass is half full, the glass is half empty
>
> Thats why we should move on from this and entertain more cool stories.
> Continuing this will only lead to the usual RGVAC debates full of
> opinions that will lead to the usual =(
>
> - Matt

lol... like the damn cabinets aren't heavy enough already!

"Instant Arcade" <www.InstantArcade.com> wrote in message
> $76 in quarters.
>
> --
> IA
>
> www.InstantArcade.com
> Home of WinROMIdent

The funny part was the look on the seller's face when he heard all those
coins jingling as I loaded it up. I'd already paid by then so the money
was mine!

--
IA

www.InstantArcade.com
Home of WinROMIdent

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

I bought a nice working Defender at a garage sale for $75 once.
laying inside it was an asteroids pcb, G05 X-Y chassis and hv unit, and
wiring.

Troy,

"Matty-t" <matthews@audio-doctors.com> wrote in message

> For me is was one of those bus/train station locker keys.. it's KILLIN
> me to think of what may be in it that they hid the key.. LOL..
>
> - Matt

I'm pretty much the most honest guy around, I live by my integrity, but
this is what I would have done. I would have kept that $3000 aside
until after we inspected the other games. Once the other $17,000 was
found, I would have asked the guy how he wanted to split the money.
When he offered me $100 bill I would have told him that I found that
unacceptable, but since I am already $3000 ahead, I'll take it. Had he
offered $1000, or a 10% finder's fee, I would have given him his $3000
since he made a good effort to reward my honesty. When I saw that he
had no intention of rewarding my honesty, I would have kept the $3000
in bills that he sold me as part of the cabinet purchase.

He would have bitched and moaned and threatened to go to the Police but
had no case whatsoever, he sold you that money when he sold you the
cabinet. He didn't have to give you a good finder's fee, but you
didn't have to return the $3000 either.

Hell, if I were that op who bought the cocktails, I would have been
contacting my lawyer before the day was over, since he sold THAT money
to the op and then took it back in a legally grey manner.

If you bought the games in Washington, the tools coould mine. I know
they are not but I have had a couple of techs over the years who loved
to leave tools in games and pins.
My best find was a little over $800.00 in the back of a Pole Position.
A pizza place had closed and the new owners didn't want the games that
were left behind. I bought them all, 6 total, for $500.00. As I was
loaded them out I heard the coins shift around. I told them there might
be some money in the back. They said what ever you find you keep.
Nice people. Got the games for free plus $300.00 and the account for
our stuff.

Bret
www.psapinball.com

A porn mag and a rescue flare in a transformed battle zone cabaret
game.

Otherwise nothing special, sometimes a few coins..
I'm usually happy if it has a manual and a few times I bought recent
pinball games which still had the 'goodie' bag in it, that were my best
'finds' :)

Aeneas.
--http://www.flippers.be

Hmm, well I can't say as I've been fascinated by anything pulled out
of a cabinet. Matter of fact it's been quite aggravating what I've
pulled out of one in particular. Working on a Regulus converted Tron I
had to order a widget toolset of attachments for a security torx bit.
About a week later it arrived. I began then taking the Tron joystick
off the control panel in order to strip it down. I think I dropped a
bit down into the cabinet. I reached down into the cabinet and I
pulled out a security torx bit allan wrench.

Doh!

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:04:22 -0700, Dan <ten@u.washington.edu> wrote:

>For me it's about $55 in quarters in a dead Space Duel I bought for
>$200. -dan

A customer told me there were two bags of weed locked in a machine he
recently bought from me. Some technician was probably upset when the
operator sold the game on him!

mark

An ice cube.