User Account disappeared on boot-up

Hi,

searched history but can't find anything that relates - please help.

Using XP pro - had two accounts - Guest and a named one.

I then went in and created two further accounts - all with Admin
rights.

on reboot - the original 'named' account has gone but other three
remain.

It isn't present in the 'User Accounts' window (via Control panel).

any help would be really appreciated

thanks

--
timomarsh

Hi timomarsh,

If the original one was the default administrator account, then its
"disappearance" is normal. The default admin account is hidden once regular
user accounts, and at least one with admin privileges, are established. You
will find that its folders are still located under C:\Documents and
Settings. As you are using WinXP Pro, at the logon screen hit
ctrl+alt+delete twice and type in "administrator" and the password to access
the account.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/