frac

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2005
Hi
I was thinking of getting a Leadtek 6600GT 128MB DDR3 8xAGP 500Mhz Memory AGP or a Gigabyte GeForce 6600GT 128Mb AGP Retail Boxed (GV-N66T128D?

I also have to get a new Nforce2 board, as i had a PSW over Heat and killed my old Chaintech Zennith board!
Now i would like to get a, DFI LANPARTY NFII ULTRA B or a
ABIT AN7 Guru?

Would i have and compatbility issues with any of these combinations of M.Board and G.Card?

Also would i have to do any bios settings changes. To get the 6600 GT card up and running to peak performance on any of the Nforce2 boards?

Thanks any tips or ideas on a Nforce2 board and GeForce 6600 GT combos would be dully recieved?
frac..

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'd get the Abit NF7-S, probably the best Socket A board money can buy.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

frac

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2005
thanks for for you view CrashMan, cant really argue with that. Although i was also looking at the Epox EP-8RDA6+ Pro nForce 400, but the Abit is a bit cheaper!

Do you know if the Leadtek WinFast GeForce 6600 GT 128MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (GX-050-LT)is a geniune 500/1000 mhz Card, because I know the LeadTek A6600 GT TDH is and i think they are the same card, but not to sure!!!

Thans...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I believe all the AGP versions are using slightly slower RAM than all the PCI-E versions of the 6600GT. Their reasoning is simple: PCI-E is SUPPOSED to perform better, so if it DOESN'T, you have to HANDICAP the other card!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

frac

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2005
ok cool, Its still going to be a loit quicker than my old PNY fx5700LE 128mb.
I was thinking about PCI-E, BUT I am not convinced yet and i heard that it is going to be up to 12 times quicker in the future! So maybe next year would be the time to change over to PCI-E..
Thanks for your time Dude.