Duel monitor setup on laptop - clone desktop

I have an Acer Travelmate 630.

I wish to run a projector from the VGA output.
I have had this feature working before.
That was before XP SP2.

I can get the multi monitor - extended desktop to work fine.
I can not get the multi monitor clone desktop to work (pressing Fn F5).
I get duel screen (clone) during bios boot-up.

I have spent allot of time changing settings in Display properties without success.

Thanks
Steve.
3 answers Last reply
More about duel monitor setup laptop clone desktop

    I would suspect a corrupt CPL file in the Control Panel. Look for some special dispaly or settings app created just for that type
    laptop. See if you can reinstall it.

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Steve°" <Steve@nospam.com> wrote in message news:42b57648$0$41927$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
    >I have an Acer Travelmate 630.
    >
    > I wish to run a projector from the VGA output.
    > I have had this feature working before.
    > That was before XP SP2.
    >
    > I can get the multi monitor - extended desktop to work fine.
    > I can not get the multi monitor clone desktop to work (pressing Fn F5).
    > I get duel screen (clone) during bios boot-up.
    >
    > I have spent allot of time changing settings in Display properties without success.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Steve.

    Mark,
    Thanks for the tip.
    Is there any way I can tell which CPL file I need to reinstall?
    Steve.

    "Mark L. Ferguson" <marfer_mvpREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23X8sqecdFHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    I would suspect a corrupt CPL file in the Control Panel. Look for some special dispaly or settings app created just for that type
    laptop. See if you can reinstall it.

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Steve°" <Steve@nospam.com> wrote in message news:42b57648$0$41927$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
    >I have an Acer Travelmate 630.
    >
    > I wish to run a projector from the VGA output.
    > I have had this feature working before.
    > That was before XP SP2.
    >
    > I can get the multi monitor - extended desktop to work fine.
    > I can not get the multi monitor clone desktop to work (pressing Fn F5).
    > I get duel screen (clone) during bios boot-up.
    >
    > I have spent allot of time changing settings in Display properties without success.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Steve.

    I don't know what your laptop might have. There should be a setup utility for the laptop that might repair it.

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Steve°" <Steve@nospam.com> wrote in message news:42b754ab$0$2420$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net...
    > Mark,
    > Thanks for the tip.
    > Is there any way I can tell which CPL file I need to reinstall?
    > Steve.
    >
    > "Mark L. Ferguson" <marfer_mvpREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23X8sqecdFHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > I would suspect a corrupt CPL file in the Control Panel. Look for some special dispaly or settings app created just for that type
    > laptop. See if you can reinstall it.
    >
    > --
    > Mark L. Ferguson
    > "Steve°" <Steve@nospam.com> wrote in message news:42b57648$0$41927$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
    >>I have an Acer Travelmate 630.
    >>
    >> I wish to run a projector from the VGA output.
    >> I have had this feature working before.
    >> That was before XP SP2.
    >>
    >> I can get the multi monitor - extended desktop to work fine.
    >> I can not get the multi monitor clone desktop to work (pressing Fn F5).
    >> I get duel screen (clone) during bios boot-up.
    >>
    >> I have spent allot of time changing settings in Display properties without success.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Steve.

Desktops Monitors Windows XP