Duel monitor setup on laptop - clone desktop

a b C Monitor
June 19, 2005 6:41:07 PM

I have an Acer Travelmate 630.

I wish to run a projector from the VGA output.
I have had this feature working before.
That was before XP SP2.

I can get the multi monitor - extended desktop to work fine.
I can not get the multi monitor clone desktop to work (pressing Fn F5).
I get duel screen (clone) during bios boot-up.

I have spent allot of time changing settings in Display properties without success.

Thanks
Steve.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 20, 2005 5:41:15 PM

I would suspect a corrupt CPL file in the Control Panel. Look for some special dispaly or settings app created just for that type
laptop. See if you can reinstall it.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Steve°" <Steve@nospam.com> wrote in message news:42b57648$0$41927$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
>I have an Acer Travelmate 630.
>
> I wish to run a projector from the VGA output.
> I have had this feature working before.
> That was before XP SP2.
>
> I can get the multi monitor - extended desktop to work fine.
> I can not get the multi monitor clone desktop to work (pressing Fn F5).
> I get duel screen (clone) during bios boot-up.
>
> I have spent allot of time changing settings in Display properties without success.
>
> Thanks
> Steve.

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 21, 2005 4:43:16 AM

Mark,
Thanks for the tip.
Is there any way I can tell which CPL file I need to reinstall?
Steve.

"Mark L. Ferguson" <marfer_mvpREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23X8sqecdFHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
I would suspect a corrupt CPL file in the Control Panel. Look for some special dispaly or settings app created just for that type
laptop. See if you can reinstall it.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Steve°" <Steve@nospam.com> wrote in message news:42b57648$0$41927$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
>I have an Acer Travelmate 630.
>
> I wish to run a projector from the VGA output.
> I have had this feature working before.
> That was before XP SP2.
>
> I can get the multi monitor - extended desktop to work fine.
> I can not get the multi monitor clone desktop to work (pressing Fn F5).
> I get duel screen (clone) during bios boot-up.
>
> I have spent allot of time changing settings in Display properties without success.
>
> Thanks
> Steve.

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 21, 2005 12:14:43 PM

I don't know what your laptop might have. There should be a setup utility for the laptop that might repair it.

--
Mark L. Ferguson

!