Winexit.scr for XP - NOT WORKING!

I'm running Windows XP Pro and have installed the WinExit.scr screen saver
from C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools. If you are logged on to
a server or workstation without administrative rights, the logoff screen
saver does not function properly.

Other users (without administrative rights ) using my computer get the
following error message when the screen saver kicks in:

"Error encountered while creating registry key. Make sure you have set
values and create subkey permissions."

I have read much on the fix for NT (and some say the fix works, some say it
don't) but

Does anyone have the fix for XP?

Windows NT Force Logoff Due to Inactivity
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/WindowsTips/WindowsNT/AdminTips/Logon/WindowsNTForceLogoffDuetoInactivity.html

Lock O'Clock
http://www.vandog.com/loc.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Kahuna3" <kahuna3@cox.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone have the fix for XP?

Our product ActiveExit XP can do what winexit.scr does, plus much more.
Please feel free to download a 30-day trial version and give it a try:

http://www.winability.com/active-exit/

--
HTH

Andrei Belogortseff
WinAbility(r) Software Corp. [ http://www.winability.com/ ]
"Useful Windows Utilities and Security Software"

Kahuna3,

Winexit.scr always causes this error when run from a restricted user
account. Here is the information you need:

http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBc/tip1100/rh1179.htm

BTW, the solution is to set appropriate permissions for the registry key
discussed in that article. You can find more information about registry
permissions in this article:

How To Use the Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Registry Editor Features:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310426

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User