Winexit.scr for XP - NOT WORKING!

I'm running Windows XP Pro and have installed the WinExit.scr screen saver
from C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools. If you are logged on to
a server or workstation without administrative rights, the logoff screen
saver does not function properly.

Other users (without administrative rights ) using my computer get the
following error message when the screen saver kicks in:

"Error encountered while creating registry key. Make sure you have set
values and create subkey permissions."

I have read much on the fix for NT (and some say the fix works, some say it
don't) but

Does anyone have the fix for XP?
3 answers Last reply
More about winexit working

    Windows NT Force Logoff Due to Inactivity
    http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/WindowsTips/WindowsNT/AdminTips/Logon/WindowsNTForceLogoffDuetoInactivity.html

    Lock O'Clock
    http://www.vandog.com/loc.html

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Kahuna3" <kahuna3@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Does anyone have the fix for XP?

    Our product ActiveExit XP can do what winexit.scr does, plus much more.
    Please feel free to download a 30-day trial version and give it a try:

    http://www.winability.com/active-exit/

    --
    HTH

    Andrei Belogortseff
    WinAbility(r) Software Corp. [ http://www.winability.com/ ]
    "Useful Windows Utilities and Security Software"

    Kahuna3,

    Winexit.scr always causes this error when run from a restricted user
    account. Here is the information you need:

    http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBc/tip1100/rh1179.htm

    BTW, the solution is to set appropriate permissions for the registry key
    discussed in that article. You can find more information about registry
    permissions in this article:

    How To Use the Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Registry Editor Features:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310426

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com

    "Kahuna3" <kahuna3@cox.net> wrote in message
    > I'm running Windows XP Pro and have installed the WinExit.scr screen saver
    > from C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools. If you are logged on
    > to a server or workstation without administrative rights, the logoff
    > screen saver does not function properly.
    >
    > Other users (without administrative rights ) using my computer get the
    > following error message when the screen saver kicks in:
    >
    > "Error encountered while creating registry key. Make sure you have set
    > values and create subkey permissions."
    >

    > I have read much on the fix for NT (and some say the fix works, some say
    > it don't) but
    >

    > Does anyone have the fix for XP?

Windows XP