Laptop keyboard / problem

I have a INSPIRON 5150 LAPTOP. Certain key are not working. Is there
somthing that I can do to fix this problem?

Please help.
More about laptop keyboard problem

    Eigna wrote:
    > I have a INSPIRON 5150 LAPTOP. Certain key are not working. Is there
    > somthing that I can do to fix this problem?
    >
    > Please help.

    Replace the keyboard.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Rather a common problem with laptop keyboards. Usually there is a pattern
    e.g. "R", "G" and "N" (diagonal) do not work. Usually removing keyboard as
    suggested in previous message and checking, flexing cable connection
    corrects the problem.

    AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
    Myers, FL

    Removing the keyboard, as suggested, could invalidate your warranty..
    contact Dell Service..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland

    On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 09:23:07 -0700, Eigna wrote:

    > I have a INSPIRON 5150 LAPTOP. Certain key are not working. Is there
    > somthing that I can do to fix this problem?
    >
    > Please help.

    Not working or typing numbers instead of letters?

    If truly not working, you'll need to get the laptop repaired. If getting
    numbers instead of letters, press Fn and NumLock.
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Hi,

    Is your keyboard is funtioning properly?
    Take out the keyboard surface, clean the dust inside.

    I don't think it's the OS problem, you may probably need to bring your
    laptop to service center.

    --
    Kelvin Lin

    "Eigna" <eignaid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have a INSPIRON 5150 LAPTOP. Certain key are not working. Is there
    > somthing that I can do to fix this problem?
    >
    > Please help.

    If the system is under warranty the obvious answer is to contact Dell.
    If not see if you have a local shop that can open the computer up to
    check for a loose cable or other simple problem.

    The simple answer depending on where you use the laptop is to just pick
    a a wired or wireless keyboard and use it!

    Wayne

    Eigna wrote:

    > I have a INSPIRON 5150 LAPTOP. Certain key are not working. Is there
    > somthing that I can do to fix this problem?
    >
    > Please help.

Laptops Support Microsoft Inspiron Keyboards Windows XP