Laptop keyboard / problem

I have a INSPIRON 5150 LAPTOP. Certain key are not working. Is there
somthing that I can do to fix this problem?

Please help.

Eigna wrote:
> I have a INSPIRON 5150 LAPTOP. Certain key are not working. Is there
> somthing that I can do to fix this problem?
>
> Please help.

Replace the keyboard.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Rather a common problem with laptop keyboards. Usually there is a pattern
e.g. "R", "G" and "N" (diagonal) do not work. Usually removing keyboard as
suggested in previous message and checking, flexing cable connection
corrects the problem.

AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
Myers, FL

Removing the keyboard, as suggested, could invalidate your warranty..
contact Dell Service..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 09:23:07 -0700, Eigna wrote:

> I have a INSPIRON 5150 LAPTOP. Certain key are not working. Is there
> somthing that I can do to fix this problem?
>
> Please help.

Not working or typing numbers instead of letters?

If truly not working, you'll need to get the laptop repaired. If getting
numbers instead of letters, press Fn and NumLock.
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Hi,

Is your keyboard is funtioning properly?
Take out the keyboard surface, clean the dust inside.

I don't think it's the OS problem, you may probably need to bring your
laptop to service center.

--
Kelvin Lin

"Eigna" <eignaid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a INSPIRON 5150 LAPTOP. Certain key are not working. Is there
> somthing that I can do to fix this problem?
>
> Please help.

If the system is under warranty the obvious answer is to contact Dell.
If not see if you have a local shop that can open the computer up to
check for a loose cable or other simple problem.

The simple answer depending on where you use the laptop is to just pick
a a wired or wireless keyboard and use it!

Wayne