When conecting my laptop to my hdtv using vga the tv will says invalid

when connecting my laptop to my hdtv using vga the tv will says invalid mode. It recognizes the laptop is there, when I unplug the vga the tv switches to say no signal. I hit windows button P to ensure the laptop is projecting dual monitor.
The menu option on the tv (protron brand) there is a pc option but I am not able to select.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
4 answers Last reply
More about when conecting laptop hdtv invalid
  1. Are you using a screen resolution that is accepted by your TV?

Casey
  2. I'm not sure how to tell
  3. staepelc said:
    when connecting my laptop to my hdtv using vga the tv will says invalid mode. It recognizes the laptop is there, when I unplug the vga the tv switches to say no signal. I hit windows button P to ensure the laptop is projecting dual monitor.
    The menu option on the tv (protron brand) there is a pc option but I am not able to select.

Hi Staepelc,
    New to Tom's guide. I have same problem connecting laptop to TV with VGA, it could not detect the signal. Did you have your issue fixed.
  4. staepelc said:

Hi Staepelc,
    New to Tom's guide. I have same problem connecting laptop to TV with VGA, it could not detect the signal. Did you have your issue fixed.
Ask a new question

Read More

Acer Laptops TV HDTV VGA