Installation of Brother MFC5840CN

I have Windows XP home edition and have purchased the above brother
fax/copy/scanner. I cannot install from the disc. I have downloaded a new
driver and have contacted Brother but still the equipment will not install.
I have installed it to an old computer which runs Windows 98 with no
problems. It just seems that my computer does not recognise the software as
this is the message I receive on each attempt.

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about installation brother mfc5840cn

    You might try downloading the entire CD from here:
    http://www.brother-usa.com/downloads/default.aspx

    "Jangor" <Jangor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have Windows XP home edition and have purchased the above brother
    > fax/copy/scanner. I cannot install from the disc. I have downloaded a
    > new
    > driver and have contacted Brother but still the equipment will not
    > install.
    > I have installed it to an old computer which runs Windows 98 with no
    > problems. It just seems that my computer does not recognise the software
    > as
    > this is the message I receive on each attempt.
    >
    > Thanks.

Computers Brother Windows XP