Short-cut key commands

Just wondering if anyone know a good doc/list/page listing all the shortcut
keys default built into Windows XP? I tried looking it up in help, but it
only gave a couple and by no means was all of them.

I already know and love: (commands not specific to an application, but
short-cut keys to Windows XP itself)

F1 - Help
F2 - Rename
F3 - Find/Search
WINDOW-E = Windows Explorer
WINDOW-R = Run
ALT-F4 = Close
ALT-TAB = Switch windows
CTRL-ESC = Start Menu
ALT-SPACE = Window Control Menu (?) I think this is what they called back in
the days of Windows 3.1!!!!
5 answers Last reply
More about short commands

    Both of these came right out of XP Help and Support.

    Windows keyboard shortcuts overview
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/keys_general.mspx

    List of the keyboard shortcuts that are available in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;301583

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:%230juFOPdFHA.228@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    Kevin C. <kevingpo@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:

    http://www.computerhope.com/shortcut.htm

    "Kevin C." <kevingpo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | Just wondering if anyone know a good doc/list/page listing all the
    shortcut
    | keys default built into Windows XP? I tried looking it up in help,
    but it
    | only gave a couple and by no means was all of them.
    |
    | I already know and love: (commands not specific to an application,
    but
    | short-cut keys to Windows XP itself)
    |
    | F1 - Help
    | F2 - Rename
    | F3 - Find/Search
    | WINDOW-E = Windows Explorer
    | WINDOW-R = Run
    | ALT-F4 = Close
    | ALT-TAB = Switch windows
    | CTRL-ESC = Start Menu
    | ALT-SPACE = Window Control Menu (?) I think this is what they called
    back in
    | the days of Windows 3.1!!!!

    Internet Explorer Keyboard Shortcuts
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306832

    WD97: Keyboard Shortcuts for Word 97
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;157935

    List of the keyboard shortcuts for Word 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;211982

    List of keyboard shortcuts for Word 2002
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290938

    Works 6: Standard Keyboard Shortcuts for Works Word Processor
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;270893

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:%230juFOPdFHA.228@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    Kevin C. <kevingpo@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Just wondering if anyone know a good doc/list/page listing all the
    > shortcut keys default built into Windows XP? I tried looking it up in
    > help, but it only gave a couple and by no means was all of them.
    >
    > I already know and love: (commands not specific to an application, but
    > short-cut keys to Windows XP itself)
    >
    > F1 - Help
    > F2 - Rename
    > F3 - Find/Search
    > WINDOW-E = Windows Explorer
    > WINDOW-R = Run
    > ALT-F4 = Close
    > ALT-TAB = Switch windows
    > CTRL-ESC = Start Menu
    > ALT-SPACE = Window Control Menu (?) I think this is what they called back
    > in the days of Windows 3.1!!!!

    my shift key is disabled since I installed and uninstalled a USB keyboardm
    any suggestions???
    --
    Marty

    "Kevin C." wrote:

    > Just wondering if anyone know a good doc/list/page listing all the shortcut
    > keys default built into Windows XP? I tried looking it up in help, but it
    > only gave a couple and by no means was all of them.
    >
    > I already know and love: (commands not specific to an application, but
    > short-cut keys to Windows XP itself)
    >
    > F1 - Help
    > F2 - Rename
    > F3 - Find/Search
    > WINDOW-E = Windows Explorer
    > WINDOW-R = Run
    > ALT-F4 = Close
    > ALT-TAB = Switch windows
    > CTRL-ESC = Start Menu
    > ALT-SPACE = Window Control Menu (?) I think this is what they called back in
    > the days of Windows 3.1!!!!

    Get a new keyboard. If keys do not work on your present keyboard it is
    worthless.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:CDCC6634-9A99-4241-B833-C847442DE0A2@microsoft.com,
    marty <marty@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > my shift key is disabled since I installed and uninstalled a USB keyboardm
    > any suggestions???
    > --
    > Marty
    >

    > "Kevin C." wrote:
    >
    >> Just wondering if anyone know a good doc/list/page listing all the
    >> shortcut keys default built into Windows XP? I tried looking it up in
    >> help, but it only gave a couple and by no means was all of them.
    >>
    >> I already know and love: (commands not specific to an application, but
    >> short-cut keys to Windows XP itself)
    >>
    >> F1 - Help
    >> F2 - Rename
    >> F3 - Find/Search
    >> WINDOW-E = Windows Explorer
    >> WINDOW-R = Run
    >> ALT-F4 = Close
    >> ALT-TAB = Switch windows
    >> CTRL-ESC = Start Menu
    >> ALT-SPACE = Window Control Menu (?) I think this is what they called
    >> back in the days of Windows 3.1!!!!

Microsoft Windows XP