Merit Double Platinum problems

I have a Merit Double platinum with the telco motherboard and am having
problems.

1. It wouldn't boot past the drive detecting part. We thought the HD
went bad. I don't remember what the screen said at that time.
2. I wanted to make it a Double Platinum version using a CD Drive
instead of a HD. So merit sent me the CD's.
3. Now it boots and I get the following.

Primary HD failure
CD Rom detected:Mitsumi xxx (I forget)

Primary hd failed
Secondary hd failed.

Press F1 or Del to contiue.

If you press F1 it takes you through a number of screens and after the
touchscreen controller driver part it says.
Error reading drive f: abort/retry/fail (just repeats)

OR: If I set the HD to none in the cmos I get this.

Primary hd fail
CD ROM detected: Mitsumi xxxx (I forget)
Insert system disc press enter. (Nothing happens Just repeats)

I have tried everything.
1. 4 different CD ROM Drives
2. Different cables
3. Setting the drive as master/slave/primary/secondary/ C/D drive.
4. Setting jumper 1 on I/O board

Merit thinks it is the Motherboard. Any ideas? Does anyone have a
motherboard forsale? Or other solutions. Or how to repair. I have the
HD install disks but if the CD Rom won't boot I can't get to install.
I am going to order another CD drive just incase.

Thanks for the help
Russ

You need to use a HDD. You CANNOT use a CD drive for Double Platinum.
You need a new HDD.

I don't mean to be argumentive but are you sure? I have been on the
phone to merit a number of times regarding this issue and they sent me a
disc that is suppose to run on a cd rom. It was a single disc. They
also sent me a two disc set to that is used to install the game onto a
merit HD. They told me to put the cd rom on the end of the cable and
close jumper JP1 and it should work. Could you give me more details or
your experience with this issue. I don't want to spring for another
motherboard if I don't have to. Also lets say your correct. How would
I set it up to reload the game onto the HD? Doesn't it have to boot
from the CD to do this?

Thanks
Russ

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

The CD"s will load themselves onto the hard drive and when done you will
remove the cdrom and reset the jumper and the game should then run from the
hard drive when you are done.

The game will NOT run from the CD"S they sent you.

"Russ" <StateStreetAmusements@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I don't mean to be argumentive but are you sure? I have been on the
> phone to merit a number of times regarding this issue and they sent me a
> disc that is suppose to run on a cd rom. It was a single disc. They
> also sent me a two disc set to that is used to install the game onto a
> merit HD. They told me to put the cd rom on the end of the cable and
> close jumper JP1 and it should work. Could you give me more details or
> your experience with this issue. I don't want to spring for another
> motherboard if I don't have to. Also lets say your correct. How would
> I set it up to reload the game onto the HD? Doesn't it have to boot
> from the CD to do this?
>
> Thanks
> Russ
>
> --