Spy Hunter Tech: What boards necessary for this game to pl..

O.K.... I'm stuck on a Spy Hunter I just picked up. The cheap squeak is
not making any flashes. At one point it did and failed. I put in a
known good working spy hunter board and still, no video and no blind
game play. Monitor comes with no video. What boards are necessary to
only produce the video? Just the main stack? Does the cheap squeak
deluxe board need to be functional for the video to come up? What could
cause the board not to boot? The power supply is putting out all
correct voltages. I'm stumped.

John
3 answers Last reply
More about hunter tech boards game

    You need a good power supply for starters, not only voltages in spec but
    also a good reset signal. Corroded connectors can be an issue on the power
    supply board. I don't know about spy hunter, but the earlier MCR games would
    boot with the sound/IO board completely disconnected.

    Mark Hooks

    :
    : O.K.... I'm stuck on a Spy Hunter I just picked up. The cheap squeak is
    : not making any flashes. At one point it did and failed. I put in a
    : known good working spy hunter board and still, no video and no blind
    : game play. Monitor comes with no video. What boards are necessary to
    : only produce the video? Just the main stack? Does the cheap squeak
    : deluxe board need to be functional for the video to come up? What could
    : cause the board not to boot? The power supply is putting out all
    : correct voltages. I'm stumped.

    The game will run fine (after the startup error) with just the Super CPU
    and the GFX board... you don't need the SSIO, or cheap squeak or absolute
    position board or anything else.

    --
    Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
    50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

    And using signature analysis you can get the cpu board up and running
    on it's own without any of the other boards at all.

    Not that I'm suggesting everyone is going to have an MCR test rig,
    signature analysis gear and known good sigs handy :o)

Games Video Video Games