baby pac-man hauling advice

Last response: in Video Games
August 15, 2005 8:54:27 PM

Hi Guys,
I'm wondering just how fragile a Baby Pac-Man is; I hope to be picking
mine up in September and am planning on driving myself to the residence
to pick it up. I'll have a Tacoma pickup, plenty of room in the bed.
Is it ok to lay the unit on its back and strap it down (the only
feasible way I see to move it) or should I try to haul it upright over
the distance, which feels way more scary...

thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated.

Jeff
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 8:57:38 PM

Depends on the cabinet, If sturdy, I'd personally place a cover in the
back of the pickup and lay it sideways on the cover and then strap it.

John
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 9:01:53 PM

The cab is in beautiful condition, very solid unit. I just don't want
to *cause* any problems as I know these units can be crankier than most
:)

Jeff
August 15, 2005 10:10:00 PM

Thanks John, I just wanted to hear someone else say just that, before I
went and did it myself only to discover something would go horribly
wrong. I have a few nice blankets and some of those ratchet-style
straps, I think I can get it plenty secure, and a tarp tied down over
the whole thing, in case it rains on my way back home.

Jeff
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:15:51 AM

thanks, Mark I do appreciate your input.

Jeff
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 5:28:21 AM

The only risk to laying it on the back (assuming nothing has been unbolted
inside) is that you could have some debris fall into the back of the cathode
ray tube and short out a gun. I've hauled one on its back before though and
didn't have a problem. Don't forget to remove the pinball so it doesn't bash
things.

Mark Hooks

!