baby pac-man hauling advice

Hi Guys,
I'm wondering just how fragile a Baby Pac-Man is; I hope to be picking
mine up in September and am planning on driving myself to the residence
to pick it up. I'll have a Tacoma pickup, plenty of room in the bed.
Is it ok to lay the unit on its back and strap it down (the only
feasible way I see to move it) or should I try to haul it upright over
the distance, which feels way more scary...

thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated.

Jeff
5 answers Last reply
More about baby hauling advice

    Depends on the cabinet, If sturdy, I'd personally place a cover in the
    back of the pickup and lay it sideways on the cover and then strap it.

    John

    The cab is in beautiful condition, very solid unit. I just don't want
    to *cause* any problems as I know these units can be crankier than most
    :)

    Jeff

    Thanks John, I just wanted to hear someone else say just that, before I
    went and did it myself only to discover something would go horribly
    wrong. I have a few nice blankets and some of those ratchet-style
    straps, I think I can get it plenty secure, and a tarp tied down over
    the whole thing, in case it rains on my way back home.

    Jeff

    thanks, Mark I do appreciate your input.

    Jeff

    The only risk to laying it on the back (assuming nothing has been unbolted
    inside) is that you could have some debris fall into the back of the cathode
    ray tube and short out a gun. I've hauled one on its back before though and
    didn't have a problem. Don't forget to remove the pinball so it doesn't bash
    things.

    Mark Hooks

    "VectorGen" <istolewhitesands@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Guys,
    > I'm wondering just how fragile a Baby Pac-Man is; I hope to be picking
    > mine up in September and am planning on driving myself to the residence
    > to pick it up. I'll have a Tacoma pickup, plenty of room in the bed.
    > Is it ok to lay the unit on its back and strap it down (the only
    > feasible way I see to move it) or should I try to haul it upright over
    > the distance, which feels way more scary...
    >
    > thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Jeff

Games Video Video Games