AIW X800XL

G

<A HREF="http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050705_110052.html" target="_new">Ati announces AIW-X800XL</A>

I know not that many people are lookign for rather fast 3d card that has tuner capability but the product remains interesting. A good 3d performance for less money than the highest AIW...
Id rather have a seperate Hauppauge card but whatever.

Interesting note:
It is very likely that the AiW X800 XL and the AiW 2006 are ATI's last DRM-free TV tuner cards since content and hardware manufacturers are in the midst of prepping content protection specifications and the next AiW generation will not make its debut before the summer of the next year. This fact may be a compelling reason to buy one of these cards, but ATI is also telling us that H.264, a new HD video compression standard, will not be supported until the arrival of the R520 graphics chip.
Interseting you have to chose between no DRM/no GPU accelerated DIVX (de)compression or DRM/DIVX support ummm...

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yeh, I had a good look at the card too, but...

ATI already has a "faster" AGP version, the AIW X800 XT. I was kind of hoping to see their PCI-E card come out as an AIW X850 XT.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>