I'm trying to install Windows XP on my PC but during installation i get a
'blocking issue' message saying that i need to uninstall Microsoft Shared Fax
Client before i can continue.

I tried to uninstall this and all of them uninstalled successfully apart
from 'Communications' which produced an error message saying "The system
cannot find the file specified".

Does anyone know how i can solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

"King Henrik" wrote:

> I'm trying to install Windows XP on my PC but during installation i get a
> 'blocking issue' message saying that i need to uninstall Microsoft Shared Fax
> Client before i can continue.
>
> I tried to uninstall this and all of them uninstalled successfully apart
> from 'Communications' which produced an error message saying "The system
> cannot find the file specified".
>
> Does anyone know how i can solve this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I also have the same problem as Stephanie did on 4-11-05, and followed the
reply by Carey Frisch, but I was unable to get the CMD to work, as Windows
98SE stated some components were missing...I also used the method deleting
the files from WINDOWS\NtServicePackUninstall, etc, but when I attempt to
upgrade to XP Home, I still get the same blocking error...thanks in advance
for any help.