USB 2 pci card and XP

June 20, 2005 1:36:54 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

HI,

I need USB 2 now and want to know if I get an USB 2 pci card that is all
I need.

I have XP Pro and an Asus 533-e mobo.

Thanks

Rock

More about : usb pci card

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 1:36:55 PM

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:36:54 +1000, Rock wrote:

> HI,
>
> I need USB 2 now and want to know if I get an USB 2 pci card that is all
> I need.
>
> I have XP Pro and an Asus 533-e mobo.
>
> Thanks
>
> Rock

Yes, those kind of cards are available and will add USB 2 support to an
older system that has USB 1.x.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Rock
I looked at your mb user manual and it says you have USB2. Did you install
the drivers from your cd that came with the motherboard ? If you need more
than 2 usb2 outlets you can get a hub for it.
George

"Rock" <1940@pobox.com> wrote in message
> HI,
>
> I need USB 2 now and want to know if I get an USB 2 pci card that is all I
> need.
>
> I have XP Pro and an Asus 533-e mobo.
>
> Thanks
>
> Rock
June 20, 2005 1:36:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

If you don't have the CD go to this site and look for the SiS USB 2.0
Enhanced Host Controller Drivers for Windows 2000/XP.
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguag...

"George Bashore" <gbashore@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Rock
> I looked at your mb user manual and it says you have USB2. Did you
> install the drivers from your cd that came with the motherboard ? If you
> need more than 2 usb2 outlets you can get a hub for it.
> George
>
> "Rock" <1940@pobox.com> wrote in message
>> HI,
>>
>> I need USB 2 now and want to know if I get an USB 2 pci card that is all
>> I need.
>>
>> I have XP Pro and an Asus 533-e mobo.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Rock

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 1:36:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

You'll need to be running XP SP1 or SP 2 to have the USB 2.0
drivers. (or use the drivers supplied by and with the card.

some support

!