USB 2 pci card and XP

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

HI,

I need USB 2 now and want to know if I get an USB 2 pci card that is all
I need.

I have XP Pro and an Asus 533-e mobo.

Thanks

Rock
4 answers Last reply
More about card
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:36:54 +1000, Rock wrote:

    > HI,
    >
    > I need USB 2 now and want to know if I get an USB 2 pci card that is all
    > I need.
    >
    > I have XP Pro and an Asus 533-e mobo.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rock

    Yes, those kind of cards are available and will add USB 2 support to an
    older system that has USB 1.x.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Rock
    I looked at your mb user manual and it says you have USB2. Did you install
    the drivers from your cd that came with the motherboard ? If you need more
    than 2 usb2 outlets you can get a hub for it.
    George

    "Rock" <1940@pobox.com> wrote in message
    > HI,
    >
    > I need USB 2 now and want to know if I get an USB 2 pci card that is all I
    > need.
    >
    > I have XP Pro and an Asus 533-e mobo.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rock
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    If you don't have the CD go to this site and look for the SiS USB 2.0
    Enhanced Host Controller Drivers for Windows 2000/XP.
    http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

    "George Bashore" <gbashore@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Rock
    > I looked at your mb user manual and it says you have USB2. Did you
    > install the drivers from your cd that came with the motherboard ? If you
    > need more than 2 usb2 outlets you can get a hub for it.
    > George
    >
    > "Rock" <1940@pobox.com> wrote in message
    >> HI,
    >>
    >> I need USB 2 now and want to know if I get an USB 2 pci card that is all
    >> I need.
    >>
    >> I have XP Pro and an Asus 533-e mobo.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Rock

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    You'll need to be running XP SP1 or SP 2 to have the USB 2.0
    drivers. (or use the drivers supplied by and with the card.

    some support

    | On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:36:54 +1000, Rock wrote:
    |
    | > HI,
    | >
    | > I need USB 2 now and want to know if I get an USB 2 pci
    card that is all
    | > I need.
    | >
    | > I have XP Pro and an Asus 533-e mobo.
    | >
    | > Thanks
    | >
    | > Rock
    |
    | Yes, those kind of cards are available and will add USB 2
    support to an
    | older system that has USB 1.x.
    |
    | --
    | Sharon F