Sign in with
Your question

Which Memory: V9999GT 256MB GDDR3 or DDR3?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 6, 2005 9:03:41 PM

Hi all,

I'm trying to see the differences between two cards with same GPU but different memory type.

I've noticed that ASUS has 2 different types of memory for the same V9999GT card based on the nVidia 6800GT GPU.

GDDR3 - V9999GT/TD/256MB (cheaper than the DDR3 version):
http://www.epcbuyer.com/products.asp?recnumber=3642

DDR3 - V9999GT/TD/256M/A:
http://www.epcbuyer.com/products.asp?recnumber=2799

I couldn't find any review and benchmarks about this difference to see if the higher price of the DDR3 version is justified. In fact...even on the ASUS website there is no reference about different memory cards for the same GPU.

There's also another difference, the DDR3 version has two MOLEX connectors, whereas the GDDR3 has only one, minor consumption?

Saying that, if anyone could explain me the differences on this v9999GT card with DDR3 and GDDR3 in terms of benchmarks or even which gets hotter, more consumption, etc...

Thanks in advance to whom may help me!
Skripthor
July 6, 2005 9:15:17 PM

LOL... the cards are identical, expect 1 of them used wrong image. The Asus 6800GT 256mb has 2 molex since it's based on the 6800ultra PCB.
July 6, 2005 9:47:44 PM

tough call, but heres the straight skinny anyways,
GDDRs fundamentally operate at lower overall voltage, thus lower power requirement, lot less heat, small latency performance penalty but scales higher to make up for it BUT since the DDR3 is using the 6800U pcb, o'cs would give you relatively free performance boost to stock 6800U clks though twice the power requisites. its a non issue if you already have a solid true power type 500W supply...then again why not consider ATIs speedy offerings...but if youre in for the bells and whistles....rock on dude.
Related resources
July 6, 2005 11:01:01 PM

bells and whistles, bells and whistles, bells and whistles, bells and whistles, bells and whistles, bells and whistles, bells and whistles, bells and whistles, bells and whistles, bells and whistles, bells and whistles, bells and whistles, bells and whistles, bells and whistles, bells and whistles, bells and whistles, bells and whistles, bells and whistles, bells and whistles, bells and whistles.

we are all bells and whistles type of people.

money would be are one and only problem, But if your married then its 2.

<font color=purple> BOW DOWN AND SUCK MY eD!cK </font color=purple>
July 7, 2005 12:01:03 AM

LOL OMFG!! RIGHT NOW THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS DDR3 as of the moment on the market, they're all GDDR3!! STOP GIVING YOUR NOOB OPINIONS!! Jesus H. Christ mofo STFU already, i keep reading your misinformed posts and it's starting to piss me off a little.
July 7, 2005 12:05:38 AM

Go with the cheaper one, since the only difference between those 2 cards is 1 is Dual DVI and other is VGA/DVI.
July 7, 2005 12:10:32 AM

I just finished reading your post, What in the hell are you talking about, the 6800ultra only drains about 10watts more than the 6800GT, the GT consumes about 70watt, and the ultra about 80watt. a 350watt quality power supply is more than enough. Though if overclocking is involved 420watt quality is minimal.

Mofofosho, STOP MISLEADING OTHER PEOPLE U SHlTHEAD!
July 7, 2005 12:30:18 AM

Let me guess, you have never heard of such a thing as a TYPO!
July 7, 2005 12:31:13 AM

Just my recommendation, go with Gainward cards if you can still find them. Asus cards are fine, but not as good as Gainward. The gainward 6800GT GS gurantees 6800ultra speeds.
July 7, 2005 12:49:45 AM

I really do believe that it is not a TYPO.
Thanks for your replies anyway.
July 7, 2005 12:55:05 AM

Ok whatever, wait for GGP/Crash to post here to confirm what i've posted, we just say ddr3 or gddr3 because we consider them to be the same thing, and they are. I can see why you can't believe a single fmr. computer tech.'s opinion/advice. But whatever you do don't listen to mofo he has no idea WTF he's talking about.
July 7, 2005 3:00:27 AM

massive inbreeding causes blindness and only makes you more YELLOW than you already are. go get an education and you'll realize theres a whole lot more world aboveground than the sewer you fester in.
July 7, 2005 3:13:06 AM

yes. gddr3 for graphics cards.

"Like a scrotum, there it is in a nutshell."
<font color=red>Roll Tide!</font color=red>
<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Apathetic As<i></i>shole.}=-</A>
July 7, 2005 4:07:47 AM

So you're accusing me of being uneducated you cuntwrap, well it seems like i'm a hell lot smarter than you at least in the field of computers. You're the dumptruck of failure here with your misinformation.

Well it also seems you're the braindead slagwhore here with the shltty name which seems only an inbred can come up with.

Just find a a corner and go shoot up which seems is the only thing you're good at at you halfwit hog humping corpsical.
July 7, 2005 4:38:15 AM

OOOoh lookie here...after the NOISE-MAKING
cracks, i did think that it rang somewhat familiar...
some advice for free if i may, give finshing school a shot...
i hear it works wonders on those not graced with ettiquette or charm...
or another option would be a good ol' dose of arsenic?
come now, make the world a better place, and not just because youre
YELLOW-IN-EVERY-SENSE-OF-THE-WORD, but because its time you did.
July 7, 2005 4:42:39 AM

OOOoh lookie here, fuckmaster mc shitty white clownhorse ass jacket pubic face is trying to insult me.
July 7, 2005 4:44:42 AM

i gotta give this shittower credit for doing a good job at turning the facts debate into a swearing contest.
July 7, 2005 5:00:12 AM

you remind me of either sodnighthawk or arnold. your full of crap and its obvious :smile:

-------
<b>It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a women's separation; this sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation.</b>
July 7, 2005 5:19:41 AM

and im the one whos full of crap you sayz? ive got no beef with you.
i thought i was merely explaining the last post to err, WHATSHISNAMEAGAIN?
now why would any one male, let alone 2 fight over
who has the right of way to extract their supposed manhood with forceps??? just a thought.
p.s. : whilst the old adage of teaching old dogs new tricks
might put you off, still think finishing school is worth a shot.
July 7, 2005 5:29:18 AM

Wow you really sound like a Martian shitbot.
July 7, 2005 5:31:14 AM

Phial seriously though i think we need a FAQ section on top of the each component section, listing names of people who are full of shlt, just a warning for newbies not to listen to them. We don't want people to think this forum purposely mislead people with false information.
July 7, 2005 5:34:30 AM

You've tried to communicate with other human beings, and failed, so why don't you go back to your crackalley and DIE of overdose.

P.S. Why dwell on this meaningless life? Go kill yourself, asschump.
July 7, 2005 5:53:26 AM

Well banning IP's don't really do the job well, since changing ip is quite easy.

We should ban people like mofo here, since they're just simply full of shlt. I don't think we should ban people like Kinney, true they're annoying fanboys, but they do have facts, how they spin it is another matter. Kinney was a good counterbalance to willamette_sucks once in a while, willamette's ATI bias was kinda annoying too.
July 7, 2005 6:54:16 AM

LOL! Classic thread!

Some people are like slinkies....
Not really good for anything but you cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
a b U Graphics card
July 7, 2005 1:30:27 PM

LOL @ U, MofoSolo.

Nice long discription when the correct answer was as Phuckface aleady said, NO DDR3 out there yet.

It's a technical spec and as you cut and pasted, there's alot of info out there from people like JDEC, however there is NO CARD that uses DDR3, it's all GDDR3, which are completely different things.

So if the Typo read DDR4 would you go on to explain why that would be a better choice instead of analytically thinking about the lack of said product on the market?

God forbid someone ever types in a 18 pipes in the specs for a GF6600 or X700, you'd be recommending that over the GF6800GT and X800XL because it says so in the description.

Sure it's scottchen's fault that you can't use critical analysis to weed out flotsam and jetsam from the solid information out there. And your attempt to attack him based on race is not just sad but pretty repulsive and repugnant.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com/" target="_new"><font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil: 
July 7, 2005 3:23:27 PM

dont know what your post is all about, but it seems to me when it rains, oh boy it rains women.

im tired of people parroting what ive already summed up, but yeah i would go with the slightly more expensive one with the dual dvi outputs.

and as for WHATSHISNAMEAGAIN?...you can have him all to yourself if you want.

so heres a stick, go fetch.
July 7, 2005 3:58:42 PM

You've summed up? Everything you've said is WRONG u f*cking moron. BTW attacking yellow people don't really affect me, since i'm NOT ASIAN, f*cking assfaced zitmonger.
July 7, 2005 4:01:37 PM

GGA don't blame me for anything, it's that asspastry who's giving out false information, and i don't like it, i've flamed people before for doing that.
July 7, 2005 4:03:24 PM

Classic thread? When I criticize somebody for giving out false information, and they try to insult me with racial comments is classic?
a b U Graphics card
July 7, 2005 4:16:37 PM

I blame you for everything, but not for being unsympathetic to the obviously 'challenged' individual. :wink:

Mofo's whining little excuses just sound laughable, because he's still wrong, no bitching about others will change that.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com/" target="_new"><font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil: 
July 7, 2005 4:20:54 PM

Fine blame me for everything, just like i blame everything on the democrats. Hey GGA, the X800 prices may be coming down, i saw a new shipment in supercom that's labeled 240, instead of 290, a 50 dollars price drop, it's nearing the US's price, but still too expensive in comparison.
July 7, 2005 4:22:42 PM

its all the democrats fault...

"Like a scrotum, there it is in a nutshell."
<font color=red>Roll Tide!</font color=red>
<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Apathetic As<i></i>shole.}=-</A>
a b U Graphics card
July 7, 2005 4:35:13 PM

Fine, then I'll blame you for the fall in X800 prices too! :lol: 

July 7, 2005 8:52:45 PM

Can't call him SoD... he hasn't started bulging his epenis yet. Haven't heard him say how he's been an engineer and that he somehow knows more than a tech with 15 years experience in computers exclusively...

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>
July 7, 2005 11:13:21 PM

Your comments were classic. The false information and stupidity of mofo is not. Yeah so i'm easily amusing, big deal want to fight about it? [/family guy]

Not really good for anything but you cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
July 8, 2005 12:16:11 AM

Quote:
Yeah so i'm easily amusing, big deal want to fight about it?

YES!! Pistols at dawn?
July 8, 2005 12:32:44 AM

I guess you dont watch family guy but ok pistols at dawn and beers afterwards.

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b } Memory
July 8, 2005 12:53:23 AM

In the other forums!!!WingDing is the ref =Þ

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0
July 8, 2005 12:59:50 AM

Hell no!

July 8, 2005 1:16:44 AM

I'd rather not get r@ped by sexual predators.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b } Memory
July 8, 2005 1:28:02 PM

The worst part is that wingding call it "surprise sex"...not rape!

Soooo heres an idea lets throw mofofosho down there and see if he keeps insulting you =Þ

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0
July 8, 2005 9:33:41 PM

Good idea, or an even better idea why don't we throw all of the trolls and dumbasses to the other.

!