MDAC and Windows XP SP2

I am having issues with Windows XP SP2. Our latest rollout of PCs has the OS
loaded from MS discs but the CC.EXE, when run returns and "Unknown" version
of MDAC. We are haveing trouble with an application and when I attempt to
load the latest MDAC download I get the message that 2.8 is already installed.

Can anyone provide some assistance or a method to re-instal MDAC 2.8 SP1?

Thanks in Advance

Andy Mac

"Andy Mac" <AndyMac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having issues with Windows XP SP2. Our latest rollout of PCs has the
>OS
> loaded from MS discs but the CC.EXE, when run returns and "Unknown"
> version
> of MDAC. We are haveing trouble with an application and when I attempt to
> load the latest MDAC download I get the message that 2.8 is already
> installed.
>
> Can anyone provide some assistance or a method to re-instal MDAC 2.8 SP1?
>
> Thanks in Advance
>
> Andy Mac

http://www.pqsystems.com/kb/question.php?qstId=521
See the last line in the MDAC 2.8 SP1 section.