FM2005 won't work

Hi There

I wonder if any can help me, everytime I start FM2005 a box comes up saying
the game is loading, that disappears and then another box pops up and says
"FM2005.exe has encounter a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any
inconvenience."

I'M running Windows XP SP1 2.8Ghz AMD Processor with 23Gb of space OF Hard
drive. So is the game faulty or is there a download I need. Please help me?

Rojo
4 answers Last reply
More about fm2005 work

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:50:31 +0200, Rob Jones <rojo@blueyonder.co.uk>
    wrote:

    > Hi There
    >
    > I wonder if any can help me, everytime I start FM2005 a box comes up
    > saying
    > the game is loading, that disappears and then another box pops up and
    > says
    > "FM2005.exe has encounter a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for
    > any
    > inconvenience."
    >
    > I'M running Windows XP SP1 2.8Ghz AMD Processor with 23Gb of space OF
    > Hard
    > drive. So is the game faulty or is there a download I need. Please help
    > me?
    >
    > Rojo

    Well, you could try the 5.05 update/patch from www.thedugout.net and if it
    won`t run after that, you have to uninstall...and install...;)

    Sunhill <TheGodOfFm@myhome.no> wrote in

    > On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:50:31 +0200, Rob Jones <rojo@blueyonder.co.uk>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hi There
    >>
    >> I wonder if any can help me, everytime I start FM2005 a box comes up
    >> saying
    >> the game is loading, that disappears and then another box pops up and
    >> says
    >> "FM2005.exe has encounter a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
    >> for any
    >> inconvenience."
    >>
    >> I'M running Windows XP SP1 2.8Ghz AMD Processor with 23Gb of space OF
    >> Hard
    >> drive. So is the game faulty or is there a download I need. Please help
    >> me?
    >>
    >> Rojo
    >>

    > Well, you could try the 5.05 update/patch from www.thedugout.net and if
    > it won`t run after that, you have to uninstall...and install...;)

    Also I would suggest that you run a virus and spyware scan. I would also
    strongly recommend that you download sp2 from the microsoft update site.
    Finally, iirc the game recommends that you disable any anti-virus
    protection before you start playing so if you havent done this then that
    might be your problem.

    On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:52:57 +0200, Mark <me@somewherenear.com> wrote:

    > Sunhill <TheGodOfFm@myhome.no> wrote in
    >
    >> On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:50:31 +0200, Rob Jones <rojo@blueyonder.co.uk>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi There
    >>>
    >>> I wonder if any can help me, everytime I start FM2005 a box comes up
    >>> saying
    >>> the game is loading, that disappears and then another box pops up and
    >>> says
    >>> "FM2005.exe has encounter a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
    >>> for any
    >>> inconvenience."
    >>>
    >>> I'M running Windows XP SP1 2.8Ghz AMD Processor with 23Gb of space OF
    >>> Hard
    >>> drive. So is the game faulty or is there a download I need. Please help
    >>> me?
    >>>
    >>> Rojo
    >>>

    >> Well, you could try the 5.05 update/patch from www.thedugout.net and if
    >> it won`t run after that, you have to uninstall...and install...;)
    >>

    > Also I would suggest that you run a virus and spyware scan. I would also
    > strongly recommend that you download sp2 from the microsoft update site.
    > Finally, iirc the game recommends that you disable any anti-virus
    > protection before you start playing so if you havent done this then that
    > might be your problem.

    Turning off anti-virus...??? Sounds like a brilliant idea..cough, but try
    to run a few anti spyware / adware progra. AdAware, spyBot, Spyware Doctor
    etc.

    > On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:52:57 +0200, Mark <me@somewherenear.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Sunhill <TheGodOfFm@myhome.no> wrote in

    >>> Well, you could try the 5.05 update/patch from www.thedugout.net and
    >>> if it won`t run after that, you have to uninstall...and install...;)
    >>>

    >> Also I would suggest that you run a virus and spyware scan. I would
    >> also strongly recommend that you download sp2 from the microsoft update
    >> site. Finally, iirc the game recommends that you disable any anti-virus
    >> protection before you start playing so if you havent done this then
    >> that might be your problem.
    >
    > Turning off anti-virus...??? Sounds like a brilliant idea..cough, but
    > try to run a few anti spyware / adware progra. AdAware, spyBot, Spyware
    > Doctor etc.

    You seem to be implying that turning off virus protection is a bad idea.
    While i would normally agree the people who made it have suggested on their
    website that you disable any virus protection!

Games Video Games