PCMCIA type I (16 bit) wi-fi cards?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
April 22, 2004 2:57:20 PM

Hi, Does anyone know where I can get a PCMCIA type I 16 bit wi-fi card
to go in my toshiba laptop (p120 mhz, 32mb ram) from? the laptop has
the 16 bit type I slot? UK dealers if possible.

Thanks.

More about : pcmcia type bit cards

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 26, 2004 8:46:42 PM

Try the netgear MA401, it's worked for me. You may find it on ebay or
amazon.

"Gully" <g_sniper@excite.com> wrote in message
news:D 1d52836.0404220957.65034066@posting.google.com...
> Hi, Does anyone know where I can get a PCMCIA type I 16 bit wi-fi card
> to go in my toshiba laptop (p120 mhz, 32mb ram) from? the laptop has
> the 16 bit type I slot? UK dealers if possible.
>

> Thanks.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 27, 2004 10:59:15 PM

gully:

It's interesting that you posted this message, as I just had someone
ask me about these.

I am a big fan of the Orinoco (now proxim) cards. They have gone
through many name changes, but are still one of the gold standards of
wireless cards.

What level of encryption do you need, because some of the silver cards
are Type II, 16-bit. I have one that matches that description.

As a general rule, the older the card, the more likely it will be
16-bit and Type II, since that is the older standard.

Brad