The windows "Help and Support" Service

tweak

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2004

Hi. Well I'll just lay it down straight...This is the reason why I have
Windows.

Well here my prob. Some how my "Help and Support" service has not only
been disabled but like uninstalled. It's not in the Services. I can't
find it at all or find anything that my have cause it to either
uninstall or maybe not install at all. It has worked before. I can't
install the WDM drives for my GeForce, Can't help friends though MSN
Messenger. And then on top of that for some reason the Advance tab on
my Network Adapter window says that the

"Windows cannot display the properties of this connection. The windows
managment instrument (WMI) information might be corrupted. to correct
this, use system restore to restor widnows to an earlier time."

WTF? Well first off for some odd reason today the circut breaker to my
room went off. My room and the Bathroom are on the same one and well my
sister had just pluged in her stupid hair dryer...AHH. thats the seconds
time that has happened. But that has worked before. I have never had
windows corrupt something because of power failure. If that is true
then this is a first time. Other wise i dont know. I have been doing a
lot of file transfering because i had totaly whiped out my server hard
drive (write 0's to the whole thing) and had to move most of it to my
computer so I dont know. At this point once i get my server back up
100% and all files backed up I'm gonna reinstall windows anyway. Going
to use the slipstream cd i made with SP2 built in.

Well if anyone has anything to tell me to help please tell. If its some
odd weird case or people just think im weird and don't want to
reply...hey that ok too. but I would like some help if anyone has any.

Computer spec if needed.

P4 2.4GHZ 533MHZ bus
1 Gig DDR2100 (512 Megs x 2 + 1 64 Meg)
2 Maxtor 60 gigs
1 Seagate 80 gig (Main hard drive with a 10 gig partition just for
windows)
1 Western Digital 40 gig
Also just installed a new video card also

First was a GeForce 4000 then took it back and got a PNY 5700VE AGP 8x.

Thanks for any info that anyone gives me.

--
Tweak

Have a look here...

Read instructions at the top
Scroll down to:
235. Restore Help and Support Service

Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Click on the ? Icon to Expand

[?] Why doesn't Help and Support work?

Fix Windows XP Help
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/fixwinxphelp.htm