reinstall Windows XP

June 20, 2005 2:57:01 AM

I have Windows XP Professional on my computer now, but I need to re-install
Windows. The original disk would not work, so I need to buy new software. Can
I use Windows Home Edition to reinstall Windows?

More about : reinstall windows

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 10:59:39 AM

Hi,

You'd have to do a clean installation to a formatted drive, as you cannot
use a Home disk to do a repair installation on a Pro system.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"kmyer" <kmyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows XP Professional on my computer now, but I need to re-install
> Windows. The original disk would not work, so I need to buy new software.
> Can
> I use Windows Home Edition to reinstall Windows?
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 6:09:30 PM

Yup, you can use Home Edition.
But it will completely remove all your data and files as it will format your
HDD.

By using the Windows Home Edition, you OS will become Home edition and some
features such as IIS, extra administrative tools, connecting to directory
server will become unavilable.

Kelvin Lin
http://www.webgururox.info

!