reinstall Windows XP

I have Windows XP Professional on my computer now, but I need to re-install
Windows. The original disk would not work, so I need to buy new software. Can
I use Windows Home Edition to reinstall Windows?
2 answers Last reply
More about reinstall windows

    Hi,

    You'd have to do a clean installation to a formatted drive, as you cannot
    use a Home disk to do a repair installation on a Pro system.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "kmyer" <kmyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have Windows XP Professional on my computer now, but I need to re-install
    > Windows. The original disk would not work, so I need to buy new software.
    > Can
    > I use Windows Home Edition to reinstall Windows?

    Yup, you can use Home Edition.
    But it will completely remove all your data and files as it will format your
    HDD.

    By using the Windows Home Edition, you OS will become Home edition and some
    features such as IIS, extra administrative tools, connecting to directory
    server will become unavilable.

    Kelvin Lin
    http://www.webgururox.info

    "kmyer" <kmyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have Windows XP Professional on my computer now, but I need to re-install
    > Windows. The original disk would not work, so I need to buy new software.
    > Can
    > I use Windows Home Edition to reinstall Windows?

Support Computers Microsoft Windows XP