Hi,
I am trying to setup the fax on my pc (xp Home), I have a wirelesss network
using a router connected via ethernet cable to my host pc. When I run the
fax setup wizard it tells me that there is no modem installed, what do I
have to do to setup the fax?

TIA

Bud

"Timax45" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am trying to setup the fax on my pc (xp Home), I have a wirelesss
> network
> using a router connected via ethernet cable to my host pc. When I run the
> fax setup wizard it tells me that there is no modem installed, what do I
> have to do to setup the fax?
>
> TIA

You can't fax over Ethernet. You will need a dialup modem. If there is one
in your computer look in system properties and see if it shows it to be
working properly.

Nigel

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2002

You could use an online Fax service; try www.ukfaxonline.co.uk; basically you
pay for faxes up front; and then send faxes via email, you can add
attachements and they end up at the fax machine.