Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Windows 7 64 bit dosen't suuport my modem

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
July 7, 2010 1:44:29 AM

I installed Windows 7 64 bit few days ago. Before that I used 32 bit.
My modem is Prolink USB adsl modem.
It has drivers for Win Vista 32 bit. that drivers worked for win 7 32 bit. But there is no drivers for windows vita 64 bit. ( win 7 drivers also no). How i install my modem to win 7 64 bit? please help.
a b $ Windows 7
July 7, 2010 3:12:01 AM

dumisoft said:
I installed Windows 7 64 bit few days ago. Before that I used 32 bit.
My modem is Prolink USB adsl modem.
It has drivers for Win Vista 32 bit. that drivers worked for win 7 32 bit. But there is no drivers for windows vita 64 bit. ( win 7 drivers also no). How i install my modem to win 7 64 bit? please help.


You don't. Are you sure there are no 64 bit drivers for it?
m
0
l
July 7, 2010 4:52:59 AM

Im sure. I bought my modem March 2009. It has win xp 32 bit & 64 bit drivers.
But Win vista only 32 bit.

m
0
l
Related resources
July 7, 2010 4:54:52 AM

FALC0N said:
You don't. Are you sure there are no 64 bit drivers for it?



Im sure. I bought my modem March 2009. It has win xp 32 bit & 64 bit drivers.
But Win vista only 32 bit. :( 
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 7, 2010 4:57:35 AM

dumisoft said:
Im sure. I bought my modem March 2009. It has win xp 32 bit & 64 bit drivers.
But Win vista only 32 bit. :( 


Can you include the full model number.

Have you tried the XP 64 driver? This works sometimes for XP to Vista/7 32 but I have never tried it with 64.
m
0
l
July 7, 2010 5:05:58 AM

My modem is Prolink H9601 ADSL USB modem.
Win XP 64 bit drivers are not support to Win 7 64 bit. I tried..

Thanks for ur quick reply...
m
0
l
July 7, 2010 5:09:05 AM

Mine (a Planex USB something modem) is not supported officially either and there is no 64-bit driver for it. I did a manual installation though and it is working fine.

I had to extract the drivers to a directory and then force an update through the hardware manager and pointed it to the driver in the folder. Voila!

You might try something similar too.
m
0
l
July 7, 2010 5:09:20 AM

FALC0N said:
Can you include the full model number.

Have you tried the XP 64 driver? This works sometimes for XP to Vista/7 32 but I have never tried it with 64.


My modem is Prolink H9601 ADSL USB modem.
Win XP 64 bit drivers are not support to Win 7 64 bit. I tried..
m
0
l
July 7, 2010 5:15:53 AM

darkguset said:
Mine (a Planex USB something modem) is not supported officially either and there is no 64-bit driver for it. I did a manual installation though and it is working fine.

I had to extract the drivers to a directory and then force an update through the hardware manager and pointed it to the driver in the folder. Voila!

You might try something similar too.


I'll try it now....
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 7, 2010 5:58:06 AM

darkguset said:
Mine (a Planex USB something modem) is not supported officially either and there is no 64-bit driver for it. I did a manual installation though and it is working fine.

I had to extract the drivers to a directory and then force an update through the hardware manager and pointed it to the driver in the folder. Voila!

You might try something similar too.


You mean the XP 64 drivers?
m
0
l
July 7, 2010 6:09:23 AM

darkguset said:
Mine (a Planex USB something modem) is not supported officially either and there is no 64-bit driver for it. I did a manual installation though and it is working fine.

I had to extract the drivers to a directory and then force an update through the hardware manager and pointed it to the driver in the folder. Voila!

You might try something similar too.


No dude. It didn't work.
I tried Win XP 64 bit drivers to win 7 64. It didn't..
m
0
l
July 7, 2010 6:37:41 AM

HELLO.... PLEASE LISTEN..
I go to the prolink website & download drivers for Modem (win 7 64 bit).
Then i start windows 7. But, in device manager, modem goes to a catagory named "GlobleSpan"..
What is that Sh _ t? please help me.. Because of that i can't update my modem driver.
m
0
l
July 7, 2010 8:19:01 AM

i dont understand why you need modem drivers when you can already access the internet.. HAHAHAHA

are you trying to get wireless or something? get a brand name modem that has full support for win 7 64.. throw that prolink hardware away..
m
0
l
July 7, 2010 3:23:49 PM

aberchonbie said:
i dont understand why you need modem drivers when you can already access the internet.. HAHAHAHA

are you trying to get wireless or something? get a brand name modem that has full support for win 7 64.. throw that prolink hardware away..


Hey, i access the internet via Win XP. I installed both (OS)s..
m
0
l
July 7, 2010 3:24:44 PM

PROBLEM SOLVED....!!! Special thanks to FALC0N & darkguset
m
0
l
July 13, 2010 3:38:16 AM

dumisoft said:
PROBLEM SOLVED....!!! Special thanks to FALC0N & darkguset



You are welcome, but how did you fix it in the end? It is good if you can provide a solution for someone else having the same problems in the future.
m
0
l
!