refresh rate override problem with Windows

couvier

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2004
I've been having a problem thats been bothering me for a long time with many different computer/video cards/CRT monitors using windows XP, so it's not just one PC.

I always use a good refresh rate override program (nvidias built in "refresh rates override" option in their software, and for ATI i use ATI Tray Tools by Ray adams, they both work great.

The problem is there is also a Windows XP refresh rate option, found here: Display Properties - Settings tab - Advanced - Monitor - then the "screen refresh rate" option.

Which always conflicts with my refresh rate override's option, this always gets loaded when windows XP boots up into windows instead of the refresh rate override's option, which i do NOT want to happen, cause this setting tends to change to a lower setting all the time when the screen resolution changes.

Is there a way to disable this or make it static (even when resolution changes)?

spitoon

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2003
I've been using ReForce for a while, seems to work nicely. The latest Nvida drivers have removed the Refresh Rate Override option, so I had to resort to something else...

Here is a quick <A HREF="http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/download.html" target="_new">LINK</A>