connecting firewire...... ???

....I want to add an external hard disk and external DVD writer to my PC....
If these have a choice of either USB2 or Firewire - does one outweigh the
other ???

.... is firewire connection the same as USB (Win XP home) - ie... do I just
plug in and Win will see the 'extra' drives... or do I need any extra
software/CD to install it ????

bar

There is a pont in favour of Firewire [on some systems] in that it could be
faster.

However Universal Serial Bus is just that! Much more flexibility and
versatility!

"Advid" wrote:

> ....I want to add an external hard disk and external DVD writer to my PC....
> If these have a choice of either USB2 or Firewire - does one outweigh the
> other ???
>
> .... is firewire connection the same as USB (Win XP home) - ie... do I just
> plug in and Win will see the 'extra' drives... or do I need any extra
> software/CD to install it ????

I have a CD burner and ran the Nero test using the burner on my
Firewire ports and the same test on USB 2.0 and the USB was faster!

I would just go with the USB 2.0

Wayne