Autoplay Won't Work! Help!!

I'm running an XP pc with a Matshita DVD-Rom SR-8585F. However, it
will not autoplay music CD's or DVD's. (It WILL play manually
though!).

I've tried the autofix.exe from Microsoft and installed TweakUI for
the Autoplay function to no avail.

It used to work. Until the drive failed to kick-up fast enough (if you
know what I mean).

Is there anything else I can do to force the drive to autoplay???

TIA
1 answer Last reply
More about autoplay work help

    Orson wrote:
    > I'm running an XP pc with a Matshita DVD-Rom SR-8585F. However, it
    > will not autoplay music CD's or DVD's. (It WILL play manually
    > though!).
    >
    > I've tried the autofix.exe from Microsoft and installed TweakUI for
    > the Autoplay function to no avail.
    >
    > It used to work. Until the drive failed to kick-up fast enough (if you
    > know what I mean).
    >
    > Is there anything else I can do to force the drive to autoplay???
    >
    > TIA

    Here is a good place to start
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm

    autoplay is near the bottom of the page.

    --
    Mike Pawlak

Microsoft Windows XP