I am told to use scannow to check that all files are installed correctly and
if corrupted will be replaced automatically. However when I place the correct
instruction into the run dialogue box and ask it to run nothing happens?? How
can I rectify this??
Thanks
--
Ken

Hi Ken

Are you using the correct command:

sfc /scannow

Please note the space between the c and /.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Ken Battye" <kenbattye@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>I am told to use scannow to check that all files are installed correctly
>and
> if corrupted will be replaced automatically. However when I place the
> correct
> instruction into the run dialogue box and ask it to run nothing happens??
> How
> can I rectify this??
> Thanks
> --
> Ken

Hello Denny - Thanks for response. Unfortunayely I am doing this and have
made sure that the space is there!! Ano other ideas?
Thanks

--
Ken

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi Ken
>
> Are you using the correct command:
>
> sfc /scannow
>
> Please note the space between the c and /.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Ken Battye" <kenbattye@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> >I am told to use scannow to check that all files are installed correctly
> >and
> > if corrupted will be replaced automatically. However when I place the
> > correct
> > instruction into the run dialogue box and ask it to run nothing happens??
> > How
> > can I rectify this??
> > Thanks
> > --