Sign in with
Your question

I press laptop button to turn on .its shows lights on buttons but no light on lc

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
October 29, 2012 11:50:31 PM

Hello,
i press laptop acer ,button to turn on .its shows lights on buttons but no light on lcd nothing comes up
a b D Laptop
October 31, 2012 12:58:59 AM

Is it possible to see something on the LCD if you shine a bright light at it? If so, it is most likely a burnt out power inverter. Try shining a bright light (flashlight usually works) to see if you can see a faint image on the screen.
m
l
November 7, 2012 9:33:05 AM

hi thanks for reply i tried and change hdd from my laptop to this one it turns on but when the windows logo comes up it stuck and confused that should i buy new hdd which will cost £50 or not is there any other problem or not.i also thought my i have my laptop configurations thats why its been stuck .waiting for your reply many thnaks your help will be valuable
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
November 7, 2012 11:31:40 AM

Did you try looking at the screen of the laptop with a flashlight after it had started for a minute or two to see if you could see a faint image?
The laptop's hard drive not booting up another computer is to be expected since the operating system is tied to the hardware. I think the hard drive is probably still good.
m
l
November 14, 2012 1:11:31 PM

i change hdd and it works but hdd was from other laptop but when the windows sign comes up when windows starts it stuck .am confused on it should i spend money to buy new hdd or there is another problem with laptop as well
m
l
May 14, 2013 5:25:04 PM

what I did before was I press shift and the light botton on the top at the same time so maybe you might want to try that.
m
l
!