help me with setting up TV-Out on a Geforce 6800 G

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrSatan316

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2005
I am trying to set up TV out on my Verto Geforce 6800 GT but am having no luck.

the instructions say to turn off pc, connect cable to pc and tv, turn on tv to appropriate video(video 3 in my case) and turn on pc. But after the pc is on and windows has been loaded the TV screen is still blue.

I followed the instructions to the letter. What am I doing wrong?

mofofosho

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2005
depending on the drivers youre using, force the detection of your nexus-ting tele by clicking it or manually override it by fiddling with the nView display mode, set it as single display with TV as your current display and apply...it should take you into device adjustments to prop up the TV output, after which you should be directed to the TV settings to choose between video signal/output format.

mofofosho

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2005
could be a faulty cable feed/line. try reconnecting using a differnt standard cable and then check the box via nViews wizard, also, fyi, the 71.89s got major issues with java, needs a registry hack to solve problems involving blownup videos. good luck tinkering and switching between...one more thing, you might wanna drop in nvnews for all your nv woes.

DrSatan316

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2005
What display type am I suppose to use? They are all weird Letters I have no idea what to choose.
I tried a different cable, and I had my old card was the same way (with another different cable) black n white. I was hoping this new card was not going to be the same.

mofofosho

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2005
no surefireway thatsfersho, besides its long in the tooth to fully explain but thats the fun of it, you get to mess around and discover it on your own for keepers, so if youre planning a hdhtpc setup, let THAT literati that came with your hardware becomeyour necronomicon...cest la vie montgomery.

DrSatan316

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2005
Got it in color now!
BUT I can't play video files or DVDs in full screen, so I updated the drivers to the latest version and I still cannot play the videos or DVDs. They don't show up on the TV.

Don't know what that guy is on about above - anyway, set your TV to be the secondary display - you should be able to right click on a video file and at the bottom of the menu it will say "play on my TV"

As for the colour problem make sure you have it set to either PAL / NTSC depending on where you live

DrSatan316

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2005
Yeah I figured it all out.
I downloaded tvtool and that fixed the color.
Then I changed the display in the full screen video part of the geforce options.

jarfer

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011
I don't think the GeForce 6800 has any HDMI HDTV output support as I found out today. It outputs a hi definition VGA on an HDMI port http://www.warp2search.net/news/story/no_hdtv_in_geforce_6800.html, but is such an old card now that the only TV output it offers is S-Video.

Terribly sad, as I just tried to hook up my old PC with a GeForce 6800 as a home cinema. Ain't going to happen without one of these: http://www.audioauthority.com/product_details/9A60

If anyone has managed to get this to work, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.