Time for the asking again! MISSILE COMMAND Hi Score Save K..

Anyone ready to take this venture on yet or have one ready to go?

john

Matt Osborn wrote:
> Just to be clear, Tim's board was the proto, so it ain't pretty!
> And no, I don't have a "kit" ready... nor am I planning on making one anytime soon.
>
> Matt
>
> "guinness" <guinness@REMOVEaspi.net> wrote
> > Its a little hacky (hardwired), but including Super Missile was a nice touch.
> >
> > tim (NH)
> >
> > "Matt Osborn" <osborn@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message news:1124304174.294019@hqnntp01.autodesk.com...
> >>I did one for Tim Burnham. Maybe he'll sell it to you....
> >>
> >> Matt
> >>
> >> "Baraka" <grus_jc@yahoo.com> wrote

I see many more looking for this kit. Hopefully someone will make it.

John

How complicated is the hack? I dont suppose you have any type of
instruction????

Troy

"Baraka" <grus_jc@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1124301903.984732.42320@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

> Anyone ready to take this venture on yet or have one ready to go?
>
> john

guinness

Its a little hacky (hardwired), but including Super Missile was a nice
touch.

tim (NH)

"Matt Osborn" <osborn@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message
>I did one for Tim Burnham. Maybe he'll sell it to you....
>
> Matt
>
> "Baraka" <grus_jc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Anyone ready to take this venture on yet or have one ready to go?
>>
>> john

Just to be clear, Tim's board was the proto, so it ain't pretty!
And no, I don't have a "kit" ready... nor am I planning on making one anytime soon.

Matt

"guinness" <guinness@REMOVEaspi.net> wrote
> Its a little hacky (hardwired), but including Super Missile was a nice touch.
>
> tim (NH)
>
> "Matt Osborn" <osborn@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message news:1124304174.294019@hqnntp01.autodesk.com...
>>I did one for Tim Burnham. Maybe he'll sell it to you....
>>
>> Matt
>>
>> "Baraka" <grus_jc@yahoo.com> wrote
>>>
>>> Anyone ready to take this venture on yet or have one ready to go?
>>>
>>> john

O.K.... So, again, is anyone going to undertake the Missile Command Hi
Score save please. It's been only 3 years and no takers if not more.

John

a picture of the hack would be nice..
<takeman@comcast.net> wrote in message
> How complicated is the hack? I dont suppose you have any type of
> instruction????
>
> Troy

If it were a question of reproduction to sell the boards I'd say he
has every reason keeping it confidential. However, if it's not going
to be pursued, sold or reproduced and there currently isn't any
development going on I don't see any harm in making some plans
available on a site for download.
Just guessing it's probably more the case in not having it in hand to
refer to in documenting parts needed and circuits made.

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 20:09:44 GMT, "Shatter Proof"
<shatter_proof@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>a picture of the hack would be nice..
><takeman@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> How complicated is the hack? I dont suppose you have any type of
>> instruction????
>>
>> Troy

I make everything I do freely available, because I do it for fun.
Someday I'll get around to documenting it and making a spiffy webpage.
Expect to see it sometime soon after Clay releases his MC kit. ;-)

Matt
http://www.scoresaves.info

"Zinfer" <rmassman@hotmail.com> wrote
> If it were a question of reproduction to sell the boards I'd say he
> has every reason keeping it confidential. However, if it's not going
> to be pursued, sold or reproduced and there currently isn't any
> development going on I don't see any harm in making some plans
> available on a site for download.
> Just guessing it's probably more the case in not having it in hand to
> refer to in documenting parts needed and circuits made.
>

> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 20:09:44 GMT, "Shatter Proof"
> <shatter_proof@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>>a picture of the hack would be nice..
>><takeman@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> How complicated is the hack? I dont suppose you have any type of
>>> instruction????
>>>
>>> Troy

No commitments but I wouldn't mind taking this on once my new house is
finished and the basement lab is operational.
-Adam
=================
www.onecircuit.com
=================

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:44:14 -0400, "Matt Osborn"
<osborn@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

>I make everything I do freely available, because I do it for fun.
>Someday I'll get around to documenting it and making a spiffy webpage.
>Expect to see it sometime soon after Clay releases his MC kit. ;-)

Is that when hell freezes over then? We'll have a long time to wait if
so - Clay has supposedly been working on his MC high score save kit
for a fair few years now. In fact, this is the main reason that no-one
else has developed a kit - it's a small market as it is so there's no
point in two people making the same kit, hence everyone has been
waiting on Clay. This isn't a general dig at Clay BTW, he has provided
some great stuff to the collecting community over the years, but the
MC high score save kit has been a real bugbear in taking so long (and
yes, I know he has a life, a job, etc).

It's a shame that someone like the excellent Scott Brasington couldn't
have made it - his kits are very fine indeed. See here for details:

http://www.brasington.org/arcade/

I'm another person who want's a couple kit's once they are done.

Todd

mark

Yes i have 25 of them i already made in stock.But i don't want to sell any.
> O.K.... So, again, is anyone going to undertake the Missile Command Hi
> Score save please. It's been only 3 years and no takers if not more.
>
> John

mark

You have a laboratory in your basement.??.You mean you have a table and a
volt meter and screwdriver.
"ajcrm125" <ajcrm125@gmail.com> wrote in message
> No commitments but I wouldn't mind taking this on once my new house is
> finished and the basement lab is operational.
> -Adam
> =================
> www.onecircuit.com
> =================

One day in the future, the Missile Command Hi Score Kit will arrive. I
just know it. Maybe if Clay feels up to it, he'll finish it shortly
after reading all of these great posts...........

John

Mark, quit being an ass.

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:42:25 -0400, "MARK" <MARKLINE@OPTONLINE.NET>
wrote:

>Yes i have 25 of them i already made in stock.But i don't want to sell any.
>"Baraka" <grus_jc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> O.K.... So, again, is anyone going to undertake the Missile Command Hi
>> Score save please. It's been only 3 years and no takers if not more.
>>
>> John

John,

About the only way to get someone to make a working MC high score save
is to pay them up front for their development time. I think the average
age of the people collecting games (and developing upgrades) is getting
to the point where free time and interest is waning. Coupled with the
fact that high-score saves on their own are pretty lame (with no
offense to Matt O).

Money talks, but constant begging will get you nowhere.

tm

Baraka wrote:
> One day in the future, the Missile Command Hi Score Kit will arrive. I
> just know it. Maybe if Clay feels up to it, he'll finish it shortly
> after reading all of these great posts...........
>
> John

So Clay,

Are you actually saying that this Missile Command kit will coming to
homes near us in the near future? Is this something that's going to
actually happen soon? (by the way, I want one of these when the come
out if you haven't figured it out?).... Hehehe......

John

> Are you actually saying that this Missile Command kit will coming to
> homes near us in the near future? Is this something that's going to
> actually happen soon? (by the way, I want one of these when the come
> out if you haven't figured it out?).... Hehehe......

"Soon" is tough to quantify, but I did figure out the problem that was
stopping me from doing a production run on the kit. The bad news is that I
think the way I want to fix it means I toss most of the old circuit board
design. (Basically I found a bus contention problem and I need to disable a
couple buffers on the main board that I previously thought wouldn't be a
problem. I *could* have people make a couple hacks to the board, but I like
the idea of a no-cuts, no-soldering install if at all possible. Those old
Atari boards without soldermask are pretty easy to screw up if people are
less than experts with a soldering iron. ;-)

-Clay

<rgvac_junk@mgcap.com> wrote
> Coupled with the fact that high-score saves on their own are pretty lame (with no offense to Matt O).

"Fact"?!? There are collectors out there that have absolutely no interest in multigames but would love to see all the games in
their arcades save high scores (Tim Burnham happens to be one... I mention him only because I see his sorry ass just about every day
at work, and he's expressed his disinterest in multigames on several occasions ;-). Typically these are collectors with sizable
arcades of dedicated machines. For them it's all about nostalgia... they don't want anything to detract from the look and feel of
the games they remember from their youth.

No offense taken Tom.... And I would enjoy hearing how you formulated your *opinion* of high-score saves.

Matt

Matt Osborn <osborn@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
: <rgvac_junk@mgcap.com> wrote
:> ...
:> Coupled with the fact that high-score saves on their own are pretty lame (with no offense to Matt O).
:
: "Fact"?!? There are collectors out there that have absolutely no
: interest in multigames but would love to see all the games in
: their arcades save high scores (Tim Burnham happens to be one...
: I mention him only because I see his sorry ass just about every day
: : at work,

You see Tim's ass just about every day at work?

Is that part of your actual job description, or do you consider it a perk?

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

Hey Matt,

I was just saying that, from people that I know, developing a
high-score save by itself is not as compelling as a high-score save
coupled with additional diagnostics, multigame, etc. Most of the people
I know aren't overly concerned with touting their high score for all to
see. Perhaps when they were thirteen.. ;)

But my sample of friends may not be the norm.

tm

Matt Osborn wrote:
> <rgvac_junk@mgcap.com> wrote
> > Coupled with the fact that high-score saves on their own are pretty lame (with no offense to Matt O).
>
> "Fact"?!? There are collectors out there that have absolutely no interest in multigames but would love to see all the games in
> their arcades save high scores (Tim Burnham happens to be one... I mention him only because I see his sorry ass just about every day
> at work, and he's expressed his disinterest in multigames on several occasions ;-). Typically these are collectors with sizable
> arcades of dedicated machines. For them it's all about nostalgia... they don't want anything to detract from the look and feel of
> the games they remember from their youth.
>
> No offense taken Tom.... And I would enjoy hearing how you formulated your *opinion* of high-score saves.
>
> Matt

You make a good point. Might explain why I play my games with less
frequency :)

tm