Common/bin

Everytime I start the computer i cannot do anything until a folder titled
'common' appears, inside the folder is another folder titled 'bin', inside
'bin' are four files titled 'iviaudio.ax', 'ivinav.ax', 'iviaudioeff.ax' and
'ivivideo.ax'. This folder didn't used to come up so i guess i have done
something, how can i repair it to stop it appearing?
2 answers Last reply
More about common

    Modules are for InterVideo Windvd. In my system they are in
    C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin
    where there are 35 object in total. This is where they should be but it
    is strange that your start up has a problem since these are not objects
    that need to be loaded unless Windvd is 'msconfig'ed to auto start?
    If you had a failure in Windvd install and you want to use it, you might try
    uninstall & reinstall, provided that you have the software for it.

    "jox" wrote:

    > Everytime I start the computer i cannot do anything until a folder titled
    > 'common' appears, inside the folder is another folder titled 'bin', inside
    > 'bin' are four files titled 'iviaudio.ax', 'ivinav.ax', 'iviaudioeff.ax' and
    > 'ivivideo.ax'. This folder didn't used to come up so i guess i have done
    > something, how can i repair it to stop it appearing?
  2. Here is how I solved this problem:
    My InterVideo WinDVD 4 application is installed in C:\Program Files\WinDVD
    I created a "Common" folder. I opened the folder and then created a "Bin" folder.
    I moved the contents of "Program Files\Common\Bin" to "Program Files\WinDVD\Common\Bin"
    Delete the "Bin" and "Common" folders in Program Files
    Using the Registry Editor, go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\InterVideo\Common] and change
    "InstallRoot"="C:\\Program Files" to
    "InstallRoot"="C:\\Program Files\\WinDVD" where WinDVD is my installed folder.

Support Computers Microsoft Windows XP