Dllregisterserver entry point not found

I have just formatted my HDD and installed Win XP Pro. This went well until
I tried toinstall Office 2003, I get an error messge saying some thing like
"The procedure entry point [something] was not found, KERNEL32.dll" or
USER32.dll or another .dll file

I've tried sfc /scannow and regsvr32 ***.dll but then I get that the .dll
file was loaded but the Dllregisterserver entry point was not found.

Looking around the web most ppl say this is due to the fact that my dll file
has been replaced with an older one, but i've jsut formatted my HDD so how
can it have been replaced by a older version when there isnt a new version on
the hdd to compare with!

Any ideas?

OK I've just looked at my previous main drive, note that the 30GB one was the
slave and I wanted to turn that into the master; I tried to run a exe file on
a cd and no im getting all sorts of error messages. Here are a few and the
programs im trying to install:

WInZip81 : Winzip Self-Extractor header corrupt. Possible cause: bad disk
or file transfer error

MSN7 : Extracting file failed. It is most likely caused by loe memory (low
disk space for swapping file) or corrupted Cabinet file.

Lavasoft Adware SP : The instruction at "0x00402137" referenced memory at
"0x00000004". The memory could not be "written".

Nero 6.6.0.13 : During the extraction process half the file say "CRC
failed in (filename)"

Kazaa Lite Codec Pack : Runtime error 216 at 00008314

I've even tried to do a system restore, but that gives a message saying that
the restore was incomplete. Ive looked at the other restore points and one
has MSN7 being installed, another has Creative Soundblaster drivers being
installe and 2 have a Software Distribution Service 2.0 being
installed-----could that be it? If so how do I remove it? I've looked at
the win updates in the Add/Remove Prog but none of those have this listed in
them.

SO why these are happening now I have no idea, this has only occured in the
last 2 days, a week ago I did have to buy a new motherboard as my power
supply fried the old one.