shortcut folders 'crash'

I typically run several programs at one time and have several shortcut
folders. 9 times out of 10 when i go to access these shortcut folders they
freeze-up and fail to open. Many times it will cause my computer to freeze
and i do not know if this is related to the issue, but my pc will vonutarily
reboot without me doing anything to it. ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Disable automatic restart on system failure (on SP2): Press F8 on restart, and see the menu item to disable auto restart. Restart,
and when the STOP message appears, record information needed for further troubleshooting.

--
Mark L. Ferguson