Turn Off Laptop LCD

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b D Laptop
April 2, 2005 4:03:37 AM

Is there a way to turn off the LCD while leaving the laptop
(particularly the D610) running (and not connected to a second monitor)?
I mainly want to do this for when I'm compiling on battery and don't
need to see the output; on my previous laptop I simply pressed the
button which switched it to vga out (it had 3 modes: laptop only, vga
out only, both).

More about : turn laptop lcd

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 4, 2005 3:28:58 AM

you can just set your power management settings to turn off monitor after x
amount of minutes of no use

"Nicholas Andrade" <sdnick484@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to turn off the LCD while leaving the laptop (particularly
> the D610) running (and not connected to a second monitor)? I mainly want
> to do this for when I'm compiling on battery and don't need to see the
> output; on my previous laptop I simply pressed the button which switched
> it to vga out (it had 3 modes: laptop only, vga out only, both).
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 4, 2005 10:40:41 AM

halo2 guy wrote:
> you can just set your power management settings to turn off monitor after x
> amount of minutes of no use

Thanks for the suggestion; that's good for when I'm running Windows,
unfortunately that doesn't help me in Gentoo Linux (where I do most of
my compiling).