lost WMP v9 - I want it back - help me

June 20, 2005 8:44:24 PM

I thoughtlessly accepted the wmp update, upgrading to v10. I thought I had
v9 backed up, but didn't. Can someone post the last version of v9 in an
appropriate group so that I can get it back?

More about : lost wmp back

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 8:44:25 PM

Your question can best be answered by reposting in the
"Windows Media Player" newsgroup:

Visit the "Official" Windows Media Player Newsgroup:

Windows Media Player FAQ
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/p...

Windows Media Player: WMP mini FAQ (Excellent Site!)
http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html

Windows Media Player Support Center
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];wmp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"mike" wrote:

| I thoughtlessly accepted the wmp update, upgrading to v10. I thought I had
| v9 backed up, but didn't. Can someone post the last version of v9 in an
| appropriate group so that I can get it back?
June 20, 2005 10:40:00 PM

> Your question can best be answered by reposting in the
> "Windows Media Player" newsgroup

Thanks Carey, I didn't know there was one. My server lists so many ms groups
that I had a hard time finding this one.
June 21, 2005 12:15:18 AM

And for clarification here (since it is an XP group...), you cannot install
v9 on top of v10. The installer will not let you do that - you just need to
use the rollback point WMP10 offers in Add/Remove Programs, and that will
roll you back to v9 (or whatever your previous version was).

-Zach
See http://www.zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.

"mike" <n@net> wrote in message news:D 979gc08qv@news3.newsguy.com...
>I thoughtlessly accepted the wmp update, upgrading to v10. I thought I had
>v9 backed up, but didn't. Can someone post the last version of v9 in an
>appropriate group so that I can get it back?

June 21, 2005 5:35:50 PM

thanks Zach

news:o 7TI19gdFHA.3836@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...