lost WMP v9 - I want it back - help me

I thoughtlessly accepted the wmp update, upgrading to v10. I thought I had
v9 backed up, but didn't. Can someone post the last version of v9 in an
appropriate group so that I can get it back?
4 answers Last reply
More about lost back

    Your question can best be answered by reposting in the
    "Windows Media Player" newsgroup:

    Visit the "Official" Windows Media Player Newsgroup:

    Windows Media Player FAQ
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/faq.aspx

    Windows Media Player: WMP mini FAQ (Excellent Site!)
    http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html

    Windows Media Player Support Center
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];wmp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    > Your question can best be answered by reposting in the
    > "Windows Media Player" newsgroup

    Thanks Carey, I didn't know there was one. My server lists so many ms groups
    that I had a hard time finding this one.

    And for clarification here (since it is an XP group...), you cannot install
    v9 on top of v10. The installer will not let you do that - you just need to
    use the rollback point WMP10 offers in Add/Remove Programs, and that will
    roll you back to v9 (or whatever your previous version was).

    -Zach
    See http://www.zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.

    "mike" <n@net> wrote in message news:d979gc08qv@news3.newsguy.com...
    >I thoughtlessly accepted the wmp update, upgrading to v10. I thought I had
    >v9 backed up, but didn't. Can someone post the last version of v9 in an
    >appropriate group so that I can get it back?

    thanks Zach

    "zachd [ms]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > And for clarification here (since it is an XP group...), you cannot
    > install v9 on top of v10. The installer will not let you do that - you
    > just need to use the rollback point WMP10 offers in Add/Remove Programs,
    > and that will roll you back to v9 (or whatever your previous version was).
    >
    > -Zach
    > --
    > (speaking for myself and doing this in my free time)
    > See http://www.zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
    > rights.

Support Microsoft Windows XP