  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
August 18, 2005 2:51:14 AM

Haven't spent much time at the bench for the past couple of years, and
I'm experiencing a color problem w/ Robo. Thought I'd ask if anyone has
any suggestions where to start...

Gameplay is unaffected, most of the time (90%) game colors are spot on
and bright, but occasionally, I'll get some transitional color streaking
across the screen, inversions, etc. I did pull and clean the RAMs a
couple of weeks ago, repair all cold solder joints and checked power,
but didn't change anything.

I'm thinking something loose on the neckboard?

http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo1.jpg
http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo2.jpg
http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo3.jpg
http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo4.jpg
http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo5.jpg
http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo6.jpg
http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo7.jpg

--
Bret Pehrson
bret@classicade.com

Classicade
http://www.classicade.com

More about : tech

Anonymous
August 18, 2005 8:37:39 PM

Anyone have any thoughts on this, or see something similar in the past?

Thanks

Bret Pehrson wrote:
> Haven't spent much time at the bench for the past couple of years, and
> I'm experiencing a color problem w/ Robo. Thought I'd ask if anyone has
> any suggestions where to start...
>
> Gameplay is unaffected, most of the time (90%) game colors are spot on
> and bright, but occasionally, I'll get some transitional color streaking
> across the screen, inversions, etc. I did pull and clean the RAMs a
> couple of weeks ago, repair all cold solder joints and checked power,
> but didn't change anything.
>
> I'm thinking something loose on the neckboard?
>
> http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo1.jpg
> http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo2.jpg
> http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo3.jpg
> http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo4.jpg
> http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo5.jpg
> http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo6.jpg
> http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo7.jpg

--
Bret Pehrson
bret@classicade.com

Classicade
http://www.classicade.com
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 9:28:17 PM

Try clean and restting the Roms.
Also check video connector on the CPU.
Might be something simple
August 18, 2005 9:28:22 PM

Try clean and resetting the Roms.
Also check video connector on the CPU.
Might be something simple
August 19, 2005 4:14:25 PM

Looks like a monitor/wire problem. Something is loose either on the monitor
chasses or the cables/connectors from the CPU board to the monitor. May just
be bad solder connection on the chasses video input connector.

!