Tech help

Haven't spent much time at the bench for the past couple of years, and
I'm experiencing a color problem w/ Robo. Thought I'd ask if anyone has
any suggestions where to start...

Gameplay is unaffected, most of the time (90%) game colors are spot on
and bright, but occasionally, I'll get some transitional color streaking
across the screen, inversions, etc. I did pull and clean the RAMs a
couple of weeks ago, repair all cold solder joints and checked power,
but didn't change anything.

I'm thinking something loose on the neckboard?

http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo1.jpg
http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo2.jpg
http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo3.jpg
http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo4.jpg
http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo5.jpg
http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo6.jpg
http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo7.jpg

--
Bret Pehrson
bret@classicade.com

Classicade
http://www.classicade.com
4 answers Last reply
More about tech help

    Anyone have any thoughts on this, or see something similar in the past?

    Thanks

    Bret Pehrson wrote:
    > Haven't spent much time at the bench for the past couple of years, and
    > I'm experiencing a color problem w/ Robo. Thought I'd ask if anyone has
    > any suggestions where to start...
    >
    > Gameplay is unaffected, most of the time (90%) game colors are spot on
    > and bright, but occasionally, I'll get some transitional color streaking
    > across the screen, inversions, etc. I did pull and clean the RAMs a
    > couple of weeks ago, repair all cold solder joints and checked power,
    > but didn't change anything.
    >
    > I'm thinking something loose on the neckboard?
    >
    > http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo1.jpg
    > http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo2.jpg
    > http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo3.jpg
    > http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo4.jpg
    > http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo5.jpg
    > http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo6.jpg
    > http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo7.jpg

    --
    Bret Pehrson
    bret@classicade.com

    Classicade
    http://www.classicade.com

    Try clean and restting the Roms.
    Also check video connector on the CPU.
    Might be something simple

    Try clean and resetting the Roms.
    Also check video connector on the CPU.
    Might be something simple

    Looks like a monitor/wire problem. Something is loose either on the monitor
    chasses or the cables/connectors from the CPU board to the monitor. May just
    be bad solder connection on the chasses video input connector.

    "Bret Pehrson" <bret@classicade.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone have any thoughts on this, or see something similar in the past?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Bret Pehrson wrote:
    >> Haven't spent much time at the bench for the past couple of years, and
    >> I'm experiencing a color problem w/ Robo. Thought I'd ask if anyone has
    >> any suggestions where to start...
    >>
    >> Gameplay is unaffected, most of the time (90%) game colors are spot on
    >> and bright, but occasionally, I'll get some transitional color streaking
    >> across the screen, inversions, etc. I did pull and clean the RAMs a
    >> couple of weeks ago, repair all cold solder joints and checked power, but
    >> didn't change anything.
    >>
    >> I'm thinking something loose on the neckboard?
    >>
    >> http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo1.jpg
    >> http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo2.jpg
    >> http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo3.jpg
    >> http://www.classicade.com/temp/robo4.jpg